Re: [PanoToolsNG] QTVR 7.6.6 working on Windows 7 64 bit

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
      Did you check the compatibility setting? Did it hold over from
      the previous version?

      Erik Krause wrote:
      > Hello!
      >
      > No, this is no april fools day joke. Just installed QT 7.6.6 on Windows
      > 7 64 bit. Although the update page at apple.com doesn't mention anything
      > QTVR now works on my computer both in firefox and standalone. So at
      > least I can view all this legacy content without hassles again...

    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
        PTGui preview works with QT now. I checked the compatibility
        settings and turned them off and it ran on W7 64 no problem.

        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
          Am 01.04.2010 19:29, schrieb Ken Warner:
          > Did you check the compatibility setting? Did it hold over from
          > the previous version?

          I didn't use compatibility setting. I use Deval stand alone for local
          viewing anyway, but unfortunately this wasn't possible for web pages
          (since I didn't want to have Deval process all MOVs).

        • Sam Cuttriss
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
            this will be the cruelest april fools joke ever if this is not the case.
            installing now.

            _sam

            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
              its installing into programfiles(x86)
              colour me suspicious

              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                Am 01.04.2010 22:44, schrieb Sam Cuttriss:
                > its installing into programfiles(x86)
                > colour me suspicious

                Did you expect a 64 bit program? It needs to plug into firefox f.e.
                which isn't available as 64 bit either...

              • conan
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                  I haven't been using Quicktime for so long and completely switched to Flash viewers. Installed Version 7.6.5 a week or so ago top see if they've made any effort to get it supported in 64. Still nothing so left it.

                  Saw this post this morning and now have V7.6.6 working on Win 7 Pro 64.

                  Does this mean the PTGui preview will now work? Cool :-)

                  Andrew
                • Trausti Hraunfjord
                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                    Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that nice.

                    I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

                    Trausti

                    On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM, conan <conanthedestroya222@...>wrote:

                    > I haven't been using Quicktime for so long and completely switched to Flash
                    > viewers. Installed Version 7.6.5 a week or so ago top see if they've made
                    > any effort to get it supported in 64. Still nothing so left it.
                    >
                    > Saw this post this morning and now have V7.6.6 working on Win 7 Pro 64.
                    >
                    > Does this mean the PTGui preview will now work? Cool :-)
                    >
                    > Andrew

                  • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                    Message 9 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                      Hi Trausti!

                      2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

                      > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that nice.
                      >
                      > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

                      So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                      --
                      L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                      felipe@...

                    • Trausti Hraunfjord
                      Message 10 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                        I never ever use that option in PTGui... the first times I tried to use the
                        preview in PTGui, I was horrified at the bad quality (did I do something
                        wrong?) and in any case it is only a few seconds of my time to get a perfect
                        flash panorama view after rendering the pano from PTGui, using
                        Flashificator... and that is a perfect solution, since it is the next step
                        in the progress, to get the projects towards publishing.

                        No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)

                        Saludos y cuidate bien.

                        Trausti

                        2010/4/1 L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez <felipe@...>

                        > Hi Trausti!
                        >
                        > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...<trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com>
                        > >

                        > > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
                        > nice.
                        > >
                        > > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
                        > >

                        > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
                        >
                        > --
                        > L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                        > felipe@... <felipe%40fpk.com.mx>
                        > 1998-5246
                        > www.fpk.com.mx
                        > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
                        >
                        > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
                        > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

                      • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                        Message 11 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                          Hi Trausti!

                          2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

                          > No QTVR for me again, and I will be less grumpy :)
                          >
                          > I don't think you'll be less grumpy ;-) Anyway, I like a preview image
                          before creating my final panoramas. On a few ocassions previews have helped
                          me detect stitching or leveling issues that would have passed unnoticed.

                          --
                          L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                          felipe@...

                        • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                          Message 12 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                            BTW:qtvr is now working on my Wintel Vista64!
                            Weird.

                            2010/4/1, L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>:
                            > Hi Trausti!
                            >
                            > 2010/4/1 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>
                            >
                            >> Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
                            >> nice.
                            >>
                            >> I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.
                            >>

                            > So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
                            >
                            > --
                            > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                            > felipe@...
                            > 1998-5246
                            > www.fpk.com.mx
                            > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
                            >
                            > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
                            > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

                            --
                            L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                            felipe@...
                            1998-5246
                            www.fpk.com.mx

                          • Bostjan Burger
                            Message 13 of 26 , Apr 1, 2010
                              It works!!! (W7 ... I didn't install to Vista U64). This is a very good news but unfortunately too late from the Apple...they missed the chance... we are now with flash...sorry!

                              Bostjan

                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                                Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:

                                > But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                                To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

                              • Ken Warner
                                Message 15 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                                  FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                                  enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                                  Erik Krause wrote:
                                  > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B. González:
                                  >
                                  >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.
                                  >
                                  > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use DevalVR...

                                • Sacha Griffin
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                                    Why not use FSPviewer?

                                    It’s much faster.

                                    Sacha Griffin

                                    Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                                    http://www.seeit360.net

                                    http://www.southern-digital.com

                                    GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

                                    404-551-4275

                                    <mailto:trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com> >

                                    > Gravedigging that results in shovelling up rotten corpses is not that
                                    nice.

                                    > I will happily let QTVR rest in peace.

                                    So do I. But it's coll to use QT to preview panos in PTGui.

                                    .

                                    d=40312/stime=1270173376/nc1=3848643/nc2=4025321/nc3=5741398>

                                  • Bjørn K Nilssen
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                                      On 2 Apr 2010 at 8:08, Sacha Griffin wrote:

                                      > Why not use FSPviewer?
                                      >
                                      > It´s much faster.

                                      But DevalVR is so smooth and nice :)

                                    • Bostjan Burger
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                                        True...but the stiching process of example 12 images takes only few seconds and you can see the stiching errors in real ;)

                                        :) Bostjan

                                        > enough image quality to see stitch errors.
                                        >
                                        > Erik Krause wrote:
                                        > > Am 02.04.2010 03:56, schrieb L.D.I. Felipe B.
                                        > González:
                                        > >
                                        > >> But it's cool to use QT to preview panos in
                                        > PTGui.
                                        > >
                                        > > To preview Panos in PTGui it was always better to use
                                        > DevalVR...

                                        >     PanoToolsNG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                      • Paul Fretheim
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Apr 2, 2010
                                          Works with Vista in QuickTime player. This will take some pressure off
                                          as far as transitioning all my products to Flash.

                                          Paul Fretheim
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                                            Am 02.04.2010 14:58, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                            > FSPViewer seems to be very fast to start and gives good
                                            > enough image quality to see stitch errors.

                                            does it meanwhile allow to tilt down completely (with the nadir in the
                                            viewing window center)?

                                            best regards
                                          • Sacha Griffin
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                                              Yes. Set your viewer in options and you're done.

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Apr 3, 2010
                                                I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                                the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                                Still that is not a big problem...

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                                  Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                                  > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                                  > the South Pole is not exactly in the center.

                                                  In the last version I tested it was at the lower border of the viewer
                                                  window. However, this doesn't seem to be the case any more...

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                                    Am 03.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Ken Warner:
                                                    > I thought it did and then I looked closely and I see that
                                                    > the South Pole is not exactly in the center. How odd.

                                                    It was at the lower border of the viewing window in the last version I
                                                    tested...

                                                  • Sacha Griffin
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Apr 4, 2010
                                                      I've seen that too. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.