Re: digital britain

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
      It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not then I
      pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

      Wim
    • mick crane
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
        Wim Koornneef wrote:

        > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
        > then I
        > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

        No it is no joke. and it seems that they will rush it through in the
        end of parliament. It is as if they are poisoning the wells as they
        abandon the city.
        mick
      • mick crane
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
          Wim Koornneef wrote:

          > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
          > then I
          > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

          https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/contribute/DigitalEconomyBillAd
        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
            Here is what wikipedia has on it:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Economy_Bill

          • Robert Slade
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
              UK based photographers should visit:
              http://www.stop43.org.uk/
              and write to their MPs. Details on the website. Do it today before it is
              too late (time is running out - if this Bill is passed it could mean you
              lose control over your photographs, images and panoramics or anything
              else in which copyright subsists).
              Regards,
              Robert
              --

              --
              Robert Slade, Photographer
              Manor Photography 07890 564889
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
                > UK based photographers should visit:
                > http://www.stop43.org.uk/

                How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                Tom!
              • Robert Slade
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
                  Tom! Striewisch wrote:

                  > > UK based photographers should visit:
                  > > http://www.stop43.org.uk/ <http://www.stop43.org.uk/>
                  >
                  > How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                  > photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                  See:
                  http://www.stop43.org.uk/pages/read_more.html
                  Read the column, "Problems in details" and about half way down you will
                  read how the Bill affects the rights of foreign photographers.
                  Regards,
                  Rob