Re:digital britain

  • Bruce Hemming
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 1:42 AM
      There is also a Facebook group lobbying against this http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105741059455603
      It's rather worrying when organizations like the BBC are involved
      and lobbying for control of orphan works. Those of us who have
      contributed editorial features to BBC Worldwide have reason for
      concern that despite clearly stated T and C's limiting use there may
      well be the possibility of them "discovering" material on file that
      should have been deleted and seeking to exploit that. Having had to
      go through the process of a novation agreement when one of the BBC WW
      titles was sold to another publisher I have suspicions that "Aunty"
      isn't the kind old dear that we are led to believe!

      Bruce Hemming
      Bruce Hemming Photography
      Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
      Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
      e-Mail: bruce@...
      Skype: bhemmingphoto
      web :http://www.bhphoto.biz/

      This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
      privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please advise bruce@...
      . Dissemination, distribution, copying or other use is strictly
      prohibited. The reliability of this method of communication cannot be
      guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted, delayed, may arrive
      incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by other interference.
      Bruce Hemming Photography has taken all reasonable steps to reduce
      risks against viruses but cannot accept liability for any damage
      sustained as a result of this transmission.

    • Wim Koornneef
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 10:23 AM
        It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not then I
        pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

        Wim
      • mick crane
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 11:07 AM
          Wim Koornneef wrote:

          > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
          > then I
          > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

          No it is no joke. and it seems that they will rush it through in the
          end of parliament. It is as if they are poisoning the wells as they
          abandon the city.
          mick
        • mick crane
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1 11:11 AM
            Wim Koornneef wrote:

            > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
            > then I
            > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

            https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/contribute/DigitalEconomyBillAd
          • Trausti Hraunfjord
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1 11:16 AM
              Here is what wikipedia has on it:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Economy_Bill

            • Robert Slade
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1 11:25 AM
                UK based photographers should visit:
                http://www.stop43.org.uk/
                and write to their MPs. Details on the website. Do it today before it is
                too late (time is running out - if this Bill is passed it could mean you
                lose control over your photographs, images and panoramics or anything
                else in which copyright subsists).
                Regards,
                Robert
                --

                --
                Robert Slade, Photographer
                Manor Photography 07890 564889
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 5 4:49 AM
                  > UK based photographers should visit:
                  > http://www.stop43.org.uk/

                  How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                  photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                  Tom!
                • Robert Slade
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 5 4:55 AM
                    Tom! Striewisch wrote:

                    > > UK based photographers should visit:
                    > > http://www.stop43.org.uk/ <http://www.stop43.org.uk/>
                    >
                    > How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                    > photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                    See:
                    http://www.stop43.org.uk/pages/read_more.html
                    Read the column, "Problems in details" and about half way down you will
                    read how the Bill affects the rights of foreign photographers.
                    Regards,
                    Rob