Re: digital britain

  • zen.alien
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31 6:20 PM
      More of this here : http://bit.ly/dn5I4i

      :(

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "mick crane" <mick.crane@...> wrote:

      > just came across this :-(
      >
      > http://www.stop43.org.uk/
      >

      > --
      > http://mickiwiki.com

    • Bruce Hemming
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
        There is also a Facebook group lobbying against this http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105741059455603
        It's rather worrying when organizations like the BBC are involved
        and lobbying for control of orphan works. Those of us who have
        contributed editorial features to BBC Worldwide have reason for
        concern that despite clearly stated T and C's limiting use there may
        well be the possibility of them "discovering" material on file that
        should have been deleted and seeking to exploit that. Having had to
        go through the process of a novation agreement when one of the BBC WW
        titles was sold to another publisher I have suspicions that "Aunty"
        isn't the kind old dear that we are led to believe!

        Bruce Hemming
        Bruce Hemming Photography
        Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
        Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
        e-Mail: bruce@...
        Skype: bhemmingphoto
        web :http://www.bhphoto.biz/

        This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
        privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please advise bruce@...
        . Dissemination, distribution, copying or other use is strictly
        prohibited. The reliability of this method of communication cannot be
        guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted, delayed, may arrive
        incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by other interference.
        Bruce Hemming Photography has taken all reasonable steps to reduce
        risks against viruses but cannot accept liability for any damage
        sustained as a result of this transmission.

      • Wim Koornneef
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
          It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not then I
          pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

          Wim
        • mick crane
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
            Wim Koornneef wrote:

            > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
            > then I
            > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

            No it is no joke. and it seems that they will rush it through in the
            end of parliament. It is as if they are poisoning the wells as they
            abandon the city.
            mick
          • mick crane
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
              Wim Koornneef wrote:

              > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
              > then I
              > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

              https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/contribute/DigitalEconomyBillAd
            • Trausti Hraunfjord
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
                Here is what wikipedia has on it:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Economy_Bill

              • Robert Slade
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
                  UK based photographers should visit:
                  http://www.stop43.org.uk/
                  and write to their MPs. Details on the website. Do it today before it is
                  too late (time is running out - if this Bill is passed it could mean you
                  lose control over your photographs, images and panoramics or anything
                  else in which copyright subsists).
                  Regards,
                  Robert
                  --

                  --
                  Robert Slade, Photographer
                  Manor Photography 07890 564889
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
                    > UK based photographers should visit:
                    > http://www.stop43.org.uk/

                    How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                    photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                    Tom!
                  • Robert Slade
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
                      Tom! Striewisch wrote:

                      > > UK based photographers should visit:
                      > > http://www.stop43.org.uk/ <http://www.stop43.org.uk/>
                      >
                      > How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                      > photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                      See:
                      http://www.stop43.org.uk/pages/read_more.html
                      Read the column, "Problems in details" and about half way down you will
                      read how the Bill affects the rights of foreign photographers.
                      Regards,
                      Rob