digital britain

  • mick crane
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
      just came across this :-(

      http://www.stop43.org.uk/

      --
      http://mickiwiki.com
    • zen.alien
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
        More of this here : http://bit.ly/dn5I4i

        :(

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "mick crane" <mick.crane@...> wrote:

        > just came across this :-(
        >
        > http://www.stop43.org.uk/
        >

        > --
        > http://mickiwiki.com

      • Bruce Hemming
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
          There is also a Facebook group lobbying against this http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105741059455603
          It's rather worrying when organizations like the BBC are involved
          and lobbying for control of orphan works. Those of us who have
          contributed editorial features to BBC Worldwide have reason for
          concern that despite clearly stated T and C's limiting use there may
          well be the possibility of them "discovering" material on file that
          should have been deleted and seeking to exploit that. Having had to
          go through the process of a novation agreement when one of the BBC WW
          titles was sold to another publisher I have suspicions that "Aunty"
          isn't the kind old dear that we are led to believe!

          Bruce Hemming
          Bruce Hemming Photography
          Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
          Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
          e-Mail: bruce@...
          Skype: bhemmingphoto
          web :http://www.bhphoto.biz/

          This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
          privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please advise bruce@...
          . Dissemination, distribution, copying or other use is strictly
          prohibited. The reliability of this method of communication cannot be
          guaranteed. It can be intercepted, corrupted, delayed, may arrive
          incomplete, contain viruses or be affected by other interference.
          Bruce Hemming Photography has taken all reasonable steps to reduce
          risks against viruses but cannot accept liability for any damage
          sustained as a result of this transmission.

        • Wim Koornneef
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
            It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not then I
            pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

            Wim
          • mick crane
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
              Wim Koornneef wrote:

              > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
              > then I
              > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

              No it is no joke. and it seems that they will rush it through in the
              end of parliament. It is as if they are poisoning the wells as they
              abandon the city.
              mick
            • mick crane
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
                Wim Koornneef wrote:

                > It all sounds to me as a bad and tasteless April 1 joke, if it is not
                > then I
                > pity all who will be abused in their rights .....

                https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/contribute/DigitalEconomyBillAd
              • Trausti Hraunfjord
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
                  Here is what wikipedia has on it:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Economy_Bill

                • Robert Slade
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
                    UK based photographers should visit:
                    http://www.stop43.org.uk/
                    and write to their MPs. Details on the website. Do it today before it is
                    too late (time is running out - if this Bill is passed it could mean you
                    lose control over your photographs, images and panoramics or anything
                    else in which copyright subsists).
                    Regards,
                    Robert
                    --

                    --
                    Robert Slade, Photographer
                    Manor Photography 07890 564889
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
                      > UK based photographers should visit:
                      > http://www.stop43.org.uk/

                      How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                      photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                      Tom!
                    • Robert Slade
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
                        Tom! Striewisch wrote:

                        > > UK based photographers should visit:
                        > > http://www.stop43.org.uk/ <http://www.stop43.org.uk/>
                        >
                        > How do "they" make sure not to touch the rights of foreign
                        > photographers?(e.g.: mine as a a german-based photographer.)

                        See:
                        http://www.stop43.org.uk/pages/read_more.html
                        Read the column, "Problems in details" and about half way down you will
                        read how the Bill affects the rights of foreign photographers.
                        Regards,
                        Rob