Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Gigapan Epic first look / Merlin package

  • Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 31, 2010
      Congratulations Rami,

      Don't forget to bring some Merlin heads to the Tucson 2010 Conference :-)

      Os melhores cumprimentos,
      Best regards,

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Carlos Chegado

      Olho de Peixe Lda
      Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
      Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99

      || Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
      twitter.com/carloschegado ||

      www.xprints.com ||

      || 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||

      On 31-03-2010 15:33, rami_kolor wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I take the opportunity of this thread to let you know that Kolor is
      > currently on the final stage of creating a "Merlin package" that
      > includes anything you need to use this head for gigapixel photography.
      > We announced this package in the Merlin - Papywizard forum a few days
      > ago (http://www.autopano.net/forum/t8466-wow-more-than-150-merliners
      > <http://www.autopano.net/forum/t8466-wow-more-than-150-merliners>).
      >
      > We think that the combination of the Merlin head and Papywizard is
      > currently the best solution, not only in terms of robustness, but also
      > versatility and price.
      >
      > Hundreds of photographers are closely following this project and it is
      > now time to propose an affordable, quality solution to all. So we
      > worked on this project over the last few months to gather all
      > necessary equipment.
      >
      > The package will include:
      > - The Merlin head (really!)
      > - A tripod
      > - A double-battery adapter
      > - 2 batteries
      > - A charger + a car adapter
      > - A standard bracket
      > - An L bracket
      > - A trigger cable to be chosen depending on your DSLR camera (all main
      > Canon, Nikon and Panasonic DSLR are supported, + other DSLRs)
      >
      > You will also have the choice between:
      > - A Bluetooth interface (driven by Papywizard ; computer or compatible
      > smartphone needed)
      > - A German-made touch control panel (no other hardware needed on the
      > field)
      >
      > The advantages of this package are numerous:
      > - Everything you need is included in the package
      > - The Merlin head was first created for astronomy, it is super robust
      > - Ability to prepare shooting templates with Papywizard software on
      > your computer
      > - This is a versatile, open-source project
      > - The double-battery that we chose can operate up to 11 hours
      > - The log file is compatible with Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga software
      > - We are preparing a detailed manual, video tutorials and support
      > resources
      > - The Merlin community is already huge and members can share their
      > experiences in the forum
      >
      > We will be able to ship worldwide.
      >
      > Stay tuned!
      > Bonjour des Alpes françaises,

    • Vincèn
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 31, 2010
        2010/3/31 Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...>

        > Great!
        > Then I would hope that you will also make available a package without the
        > tripod
        > included? I already have 3 tripods, and definitely don't need yet another
        > one ;)

        Probably and also other tripods more robust than original one furnished with
        Merlin head ;) in your case you already have 3 tripods, so you definitively
        need to continue your collection lol :D

        Vincèn