Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Gigapan Epic first look / Merlin package

  • Paulo Fernandes
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 31, 2010
      Thanks for the heads up :)

      Any news on the price?? And you ship from Europe right?

      Com os melhores cumprimentos,

      Paulo Fernandes
      Multimedia

      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
      Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multim�dia
      Cal�ada do Lidador, 22, 1�Andar
      4480-690 Vila do Conde - Portugal
      Tel. +351 252 119 375 - Fax. +351 252 119 375
      :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

      On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:33 PM, rami_kolor <rtohme@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > project over the last few months to gather all necessary equipment.
      >
      > The package will include:
      > - The Merlin head (really!)
      > - A tripod
      > - A double-battery adapter
      > - 2 batteries
      > - A charger + a car adapter
      > - A standard bracket
      > - An L bracket
      > - A trigger cable to be chosen depending on your DSLR camera (all main
      > Canon, Nikon and Panasonic DSLR are supported, + other DSLRs)
      >
      > You will also have the choice between:
      > - A Bluetooth interface (driven by Papywizard ; computer or compatible
      > smartphone needed)
      > - A German-made touch control panel (no other hardware needed on the field)
      >
      > The advantages of this package are numerous:
      > - Everything you need is included in the package
      > - The Merlin head was first created for astronomy, it is super robust
      > - Ability to prepare shooting templates with Papywizard software on your
      > computer
      > - This is a versatile, open-source project
      > - The double-battery that we chose can operate up to 11 hours
      > - The log file is compatible with Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga software
      > - We are preparing a detailed manual, video tutorials and support resources
      > - The Merlin community is already huge and members can share their
      > experiences in the forum
      >
      > We will be able to ship worldwide.
      >
      > Stay tuned!
      > Bonjour des Alpes fran�aises,
      >
      > Rami
      > Kolor team
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Brian
      > Richards <brianlrichards@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks Bernhard. Can anyone on this list recommend a Merlin/papywizard
      > supplier in the USA or a turnkey supplier anywhere?
      > >

      > > Thanks
      > >

      > > Brian
      > >

      > > Re: Gigapan Epic first look
      > > Posted by: "Bernhard Vogl" bvogl@... bernharv2000
      > > Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 pm (PDT)
      > >

      > > Hello Brian,
      > >
      > > In Europe, a good source is http://www.teleskop-austria.at They have
      > > also specialized on selling the head for photographers:
      > > http://www.teleskop-austria.at/prod.php?lng=de&tid=8#foto-mottri-nn
      > >
      > > - Merlin multi-function photo head with dual axis motor drives 159,-
      > > - Merlin - Bluetooth interface for Ursa Minor (also works with
      > > Papywizard) 99,-
      > > - L-Adapter with Camera Mount 49,-
      > > Subtotal for the head: 307,- EUR
      > >
      > > - Papywizard: 0,- EUR
      > >
      > > - A device to control the head - in my case i decided to use a
      > > full-equipped netbook from Samsung: 350,- EUR
      > >
      > > Even with a new netbook, the setup is still less expensive than the
      > > Gigapan ;-)
      > >
      > > You can:
      > > - create and use pre-defined standard panoramas
      > > - create (gigapixel-) panoramas defined on the fly
      > > - define XML control files to "program" the head for whatever movement

    • Vincèn
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 31, 2010
        2010/3/31 Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...>

        > Great!
        > Then I would hope that you will also make available a package without the
        > tripod
        > included? I already have 3 tripods, and definitely don't need yet another
        > one ;)

        Probably and also other tripods more robust than original one furnished with
        Merlin head ;) in your case you already have 3 tripods, so you definitively
        need to continue your collection lol :D

        Vincèn