Re: PanoTools to stitch an HDR panorama

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2010
      Well, in this case I suggest to contact the Hugin developers.
      Nice and helpful guys.

      Jürgen

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, isaacgerg <isaac.gerg@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the info. However, I have a lot of imagery to process and need to
      > include the routines into some software I am building so I am looking for
      > something that is free and open source.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Isaac

    • Bruno Postle
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2010
        On Wed 31-Mar-2010 at 04:25 -0800, isaacgerg wrote:

        > I can do this in Hugin, but I do it using the command-line tools?

        See this page on the wiki:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_scripting_in_a_nutshell

        > I have a panorama, 4 photos, made up of .hdr files (i.e. Each
        > photo is an HDR photo (.hdr format)). I would like to stitch
        > these photos together. However, when I run HUGIN using the .hdr
        > files, I get an error.

        Yes, currently none of the control point generators you can use in
        Hugin support HDR data. You have to either create temporary
        tonemapped versions or use one of the bracketed layers, then
        substitute filenames before stitching.

        You can also do the entire HDR merging thing in Hugin from the
        bracketed source photos.

        --
        Bruno