PTStitcherNG new feature: editing seams

  • hd_de_2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2010
      Besides the usual alpha channel methods, PTStitcherNG
      offers yet another mode for editing seams. The main advantages are
      (a) Seam placement masks may be saved and reused for repeated stitching or for other projects.
      (b) Seams are edited in an intuitive way using almost any graphics editor.
      Article at
      <http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/seam/s0.html>

      Helmut Dersch
    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2010
        :-D
        GREAT!!!!
        http://www.officinepanottiche.com/blog/
        oneshot project results will improve a lot on this!!!
        :-P

        2010/3/30 hd_de_2000 <der@...>:
        > Besides the usual alpha channel methods, PTStitcherNG
        > offers yet another mode for editing seams. The main advantages are
        > (a) Seam placement masks may be saved and reused for repeated stitching or for other projects.
        > (b) Seams are edited in an intuitive way using almost any graphics editor.
        > Article at
        > <http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/seam/s0.html>
        >

        > Helmut Dersch

        Luca Vascon.

        www.canalview.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com
      • Wim Koornneef
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2010
          Hello Helmut,

          For sure this is a very handy option to quickly mask parts of the panohead
          with PTStitcherNG.
          I like the possibility to re-use the mask over and over again as long as the
          initial setup is not changed.
          Thanks for the tutorial.

          Wim
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
            This seems good for automated setups where you don't need a hand patched in
            area etc.

            The content aware seam, seems to be just fine as well.

            I'm a little curious as to how it is handling areas with head artifacts. I
            haven't seen any issues.

            Before I would ensure any head piece was alpha masked.

            For non-completely automated stitches, using an input mask doesn't seem to
            be as good a work flow as the content aware mode.

            Would it be any help to specify per-image masks in conjunction with the
            content aware mode or does this mode handle such issues with no problems?

            It's a little tough to understand how to set the right seam using your
            noblend version overlayed with the indexed mask.. perhaps a better method in
            the tutorial would be to use a layered output and go old school with
            photoshop masks.

            Then it becomes crystal clear how each seam works with each image since you
            can see the result or maybe it leads to further confusion since the masks
            aren't a precise analog since they overlap.

            Sacha Griffin

            Southern Digital Solutions LLC

            http://www.seeit360.net

            http://www.southern-digital.com