Re: [PanoToolsNG] Dynamic JavaVRs?

  • Mark Banas (lists)
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 11, 2006
      On Jul 11, 2006, at 1:16 AM, Kathy Wheeler wrote:

      >> Does it matter that at the time the
      >> panoviewer page is called the previous page already has the correct
      >> database entry in the generated page it is linked from?
      >
      > Shouldn't do. The index for that image should not change. I haven't
      > looked at the PHP for Gallery2 to be certain, but it's certainly
      > worth a try. If you need any help feel free to contact me off-list so
      > we don't bore the good people here with technical coding, just the
      > announcement when you get it working ;-)

      Thanks, Kathy. I will poke around and ask the Gallery2 folks what
      they recommend first, as well as refresh my grey cells with some
      details of PHP coding. I was thinking the hardest part would be
      setting up the java applet to display the image, but it seems just
      *getting* the proper image will be the real struggle for me. (After
      about an hour last night I understood the Immervision applet and XML
      methods - very nice!)

      And thanks to Sacha and Yuval's wonderful examples I can see that the
      end product is quite feasible and workable! I've seen all this
      discussed before, but never had a real need to explore it or learn it.

      -Mark
    • bernharv2000
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 11, 2006
        Hello Mark,

        I use PHP to create some Spi-V content on the fly.

        If i understand your simple need to insert a filename into plugin code
        correctly, a code snippet for Java content could look like this:

        // Get Filename of JPEG-File
        $file = (array_key_exists("file", $_GET)) ? $_GET["file"] : "";
        [...]
        // Generate HTML Page
        ?>
        [...]
        <param name="file" value="<? echo $file ?>">
        [...]

        The call of the dynamic HTML would be something like:
        http://www.mab3d.com/gallery/viewer.php?file=panorama.jpg

        Best regards
        Bernhard
      • vtourdk
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 12, 2006
          Have a look at "Simpleview" - an automated PHP/PTviewer based previewer
          I made some years ago. I might not be exactly what you want, but it can
          give you some idea on how to use PHP for this kind of tasks.

          http://www.in2.dk/pttours/ <http://www.in2.dk/pttours/>

          best regards

          Flemming