Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Pictures, interaction and good photography

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 4, 2010
      On 4 Mar 2010 at 20:38, Erik Krause wrote:

      > Am 04.03.2010 19:44, schrieb Bjørn K Nilssen:
      > > Look at the fire/ladder trucks for instance. The ladders go straight up and should be
      > > exactly as sharp as the cars below, but they are just as blurred as the rest of the
      > > pictures/background at that height.
      >
      > That would equally apply if a blur filter mask is used. I doubt a tilt
      > lens was used.

      That was exactly my point too.
      In the photos from Rodolpho there are areas where you can see soft bokeh pixels very
      close to sharp pixels because they are at different distances from the camera/focus
      plane. In those calendar videos there are no such "real depth".

      > You can't get such a narrow depth of field at that
      > distances and wide angles - not even with a large format camera.

    • luca vascon
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 7, 2010
        trying to understand what is THAT THING!

        2010/3/5 french_don <DCFrench@...>

        > However this one (The Sandpit) is not a tilt-shift video. The effect was
        > created in Eyeon Fusion, using Frischluft Lenscare.
        >
        > Don French
        > www.TheGadgetWorks.com
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" <panovrx@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > this Sydney photographer is famous here for tilt-shift timelapse videos
        > > http://vimeo.com/5137183
        > >
        > > there are hundreds of tilt-shift timelapse videos (420 of them according
        > to Google video search on "tilt-shift time lapse videos"
        > >

        > > Peter M
        > >
        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "french_don" <DCFrench@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Quite by accident I stumbled upon this video today that uses the same
        > technique:
        > > >
        > > > http://www.vimeo.com/9679622
        > > >
        > > > It is not as good as the first, IMHO, but still nice.

        Luca Vascon.

        www.canalview.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com