Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Japanese afternoon - also posted on panoguide

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
      On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 06:36:52 +0900, dorindxn <Dorin@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Roger.

      You're welcome!

      > Yes, them have that strange fascination and bring some particular
      > challenges along equally with satisfactions.
      >
      > About the download time, I feel the same as on the field the upload time
      > is a significant part of the processing time and cause that time
      > dilatation I said in some previous posts.

      > Unfortunately I wasn't in Japan, but some great cultural ambasadors of
      > Japan were here at Timisoara, as you see in the panos.

      Yes, I realised this when I revisited the panos for a longer look. It
      was surprising to me how much like a typical shopping center in Japan
      yours in Timisoara was! I guess they may be much the same the world
      over...

      > I'm dreamming (and so training and improove the software for) to do this
      > on Photokina this year.. wish me luck :)

      Go for it! I would love to see this being done...

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
        Good work Dorin - I like the concept very much ...

        I have some thoughts about if that many panoramas published is a good thing
        -
        just a couple of minutes in this type of event will not make a great
        difference -
        also I think maybe - just a suggestion -
        instead of "time stamp" it would be more interesting to put just a shot
        description like -
        "show starting", " tea ceremony" "japanese calligraphy" "tea ceremony
        birdsview" and so on ...
        I think that would be more useful for a not so "panorama eager " viewer.

        Also - a personal view - in my opinion your starting FOV (looks like close
        to 120 degrees ... ) i s quite much on a wide side - i know some people
        thinks
        such a wide angle makes them feel dizzy .... Myself I prefere more like 70
        degrees ... Is it possible for Live Panoramas to diminish starting FOV ?
        Thanks again for this pioneer work .

      • dorindxn
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2010
          Hello Jann,

          Thank you for the insides, is in my intentions to add descriptions,
          thumbnails along with timestamps and a way for the event producers to add their comments and maybe even for the visitors to add comments.

          About the FOV as you see in the permalink genrated by the webpage the
          last param is the intended fov which is around 65 but I learn from your reply that is way too wide, maybe on some wide screens. I'll check this asap I'll try to use diagonal fov or such, Hans was kind enough to said something about this while ago.

          Dorin