Re: [OT] database useful for photos

  • mc
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3 9:54 AM
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

      > You can the following source solutions.
      >
      > Program that stores info about generic files:
      >
      > http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/
      >
      > Specific program to catalog images, with thumbnails and viewer. It keeps
      > also track of other files:
      >
      > http://vvvp.sourceforge.net/

      thank you !

      cheers
      Mick
    • mc
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3 2:17 PM
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

        > You can the following source solutions.
        >
        > Program that stores info about generic files:
        >
        > http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

        have not installed vvv just yet.
        but I imagine that this functionality should be (or will be, incorporated into the OS)
        like /sbin/updatedb builds a database that is Sooooo much faster than windows search you can imagine each file being tagged. It would mean more work on the desktop probably but perhaps a watcher program could come up and say " excuse me how would you like to tag the files you are going to be working on in the next 30 minutes ?
        cheers

        mick
      • Roger D. Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3 7:02 PM