Re: [PanoToolsNG] [OT] database useful for photos

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
      You can the following source solutions.

      Program that stores info about generic files:

      http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

      Specific program to catalog images, with thumbnails and viewer. It keeps
      also track of other files:

      http://vvvp.sourceforge.net/

      Fulvio Senore

      mc ha scritto:
      > hello,
      > I have folders with html in, folders with projects in, raw photos, equirectangulars, etc,etc. I know on one of the disks somewhere is the bunch of photos and some html that I want to use but so far I don't see them all.
      > Can anybody suggest an organiser for windows that tags and categories stuff ?
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > Mick
      >

      > ------------------------------------

    • mc
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

        > You can the following source solutions.
        >
        > Program that stores info about generic files:
        >
        > http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/
        >
        > Specific program to catalog images, with thumbnails and viewer. It keeps
        > also track of other files:
        >
        > http://vvvp.sourceforge.net/

        thank you !

        cheers
        Mick
      • mc
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

          > You can the following source solutions.
          >
          > Program that stores info about generic files:
          >
          > http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

          have not installed vvv just yet.
          but I imagine that this functionality should be (or will be, incorporated into the OS)
          like /sbin/updatedb builds a database that is Sooooo much faster than windows search you can imagine each file being tagged. It would mean more work on the desktop probably but perhaps a watcher program could come up and say " excuse me how would you like to tag the files you are going to be working on in the next 30 minutes ?
          cheers

          mick
        • Roger D. Williams
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010