Re: [PanoToolsNG] [OT] database useful for photos

  • Andrei Zdetovetchi
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
      Adobe Lightroom.

      Best regards,
      Andrei Zdetovetchi

      CSVD - http://www.csvd.ro/
      -
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/zdeto
      http://www.vimeo.com/zdeto
      http://www.twitter.com/zdeto
      http://zdeto.tumblr.com/

      ________________________________
      From: mc <crane@...>
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, March 3, 2010 2:31:17 PM
      Subject: [PanoToolsNG] [OT] database useful for photos

      hello,
      I have folders with html in, folders with projects in, raw photos, equirectangulars, etc,etc. I know on one of the disks somewhere is the bunch of photos and some html that I want to use but so far I don't see them all.
      Can anybody suggest an organiser for windows that tags and categories stuff ?

    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
        You can the following source solutions.

        Program that stores info about generic files:

        http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

        Specific program to catalog images, with thumbnails and viewer. It keeps
        also track of other files:

        http://vvvp.sourceforge.net/

        Fulvio Senore

        mc ha scritto:
        > hello,
        > I have folders with html in, folders with projects in, raw photos, equirectangulars, etc,etc. I know on one of the disks somewhere is the bunch of photos and some html that I want to use but so far I don't see them all.
        > Can anybody suggest an organiser for windows that tags and categories stuff ?
        >
        > cheers
        >
        > Mick
        >

        > ------------------------------------

      • mc
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

          > You can the following source solutions.
          >
          > Program that stores info about generic files:
          >
          > http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/
          >
          > Specific program to catalog images, with thumbnails and viewer. It keeps
          > also track of other files:
          >
          > http://vvvp.sourceforge.net/

          thank you !

          cheers
          Mick
        • mc
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

            > You can the following source solutions.
            >
            > Program that stores info about generic files:
            >
            > http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

            have not installed vvv just yet.
            but I imagine that this functionality should be (or will be, incorporated into the OS)
            like /sbin/updatedb builds a database that is Sooooo much faster than windows search you can imagine each file being tagged. It would mean more work on the desktop probably but perhaps a watcher program could come up and say " excuse me how would you like to tag the files you are going to be working on in the next 30 minutes ?
            cheers

            mick
          • Roger D. Williams
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010