Re: Defishing the Samyang?

  • 1drey
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 3, 2010
      It is very easy to defish Samyang with PTGui - just did a few quick tests. Can be done in batch, naturally.

      The problem with defished Samyang images is that the quality of resulting image is hardly possible to call acceptable, talking about edge area.

      Andrey
      http://1drey.wordpress.com

      PS. I am pleasantly surprised with quality of Samyang construction and by the uniform sharpness of spherical panorama stitched from Samyang source files. The resolution is a tad lower than Nikkor's.

      > Am 22.02.2010 12:36, schrieb ptgroup:
      > > Did anyone ever tried Imagetrends ?
      > > http://www.imagetrendsinc.com/products/prodpage_hemi.asp
      >
      > I doubt it works well with the samyang. It has a unique mapping which is
      > pretty different to standard fisheyes:
      > http://michel.thoby.free.fr/SAMYANG/Early%20test%20report.html
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de

    • Stanislav Paskalev
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 3, 2010
        I'm getting acceptable results using Hugin with (a: 0.01417; b:
        0.01164; c: 0), setting photo type to full frame fisheye, fov - 147.9
        (hugin expects horizontal fov) and using rectilinear output. Just
        tweak the resulting FOV to your linking :)

        Stanislav Paskalev