[OT] database useful for photos

  • mc
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
      hello,
      I have folders with html in, folders with projects in, raw photos, equirectangulars, etc,etc. I know on one of the disks somewhere is the bunch of photos and some html that I want to use but so far I don't see them all.
      Can anybody suggest an organiser for windows that tags and categories stuff ?

      cheers

      Mick
    • Andrei Zdetovetchi
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
        Adobe Lightroom.

        Best regards,
        Andrei Zdetovetchi

        CSVD - http://www.csvd.ro/
        -
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/zdeto
        http://www.vimeo.com/zdeto
        http://www.twitter.com/zdeto
        http://zdeto.tumblr.com/

        ________________________________
        I have folders with html in, folders with projects in, raw photos, equirectangulars, etc,etc. I know on one of the disks somewhere is the bunch of photos and some html that I want to use but so far I don't see them all.
        Can anybody suggest an organiser for windows that tags and categories stuff ?

      • Fulvio Senore
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
          You can the following source solutions.

          Program that stores info about generic files:

          http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

          Specific program to catalog images, with thumbnails and viewer. It keeps
          also track of other files:

          http://vvvp.sourceforge.net/

          Fulvio Senore

          mc ha scritto:
          > hello,
          > I have folders with html in, folders with projects in, raw photos, equirectangulars, etc,etc. I know on one of the disks somewhere is the bunch of photos and some html that I want to use but so far I don't see them all.
          > Can anybody suggest an organiser for windows that tags and categories stuff ?
          >
          > cheers
          >
          > Mick
          >

          > ------------------------------------

        • mc
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

            > You can the following source solutions.
            >
            > Program that stores info about generic files:
            >
            > http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/
            >
            > Specific program to catalog images, with thumbnails and viewer. It keeps
            > also track of other files:
            >
            > http://vvvp.sourceforge.net/

            thank you !

            cheers
            Mick
          • mc
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

              > You can the following source solutions.
              >
              > Program that stores info about generic files:
              >
              > http://vvvapp.sourceforge.net/

              have not installed vvv just yet.
              but I imagine that this functionality should be (or will be, incorporated into the OS)
              like /sbin/updatedb builds a database that is Sooooo much faster than windows search you can imagine each file being tagged. It would mean more work on the desktop probably but perhaps a watcher program could come up and say " excuse me how would you like to tag the files you are going to be working on in the next 30 minutes ?
              cheers

              mick
            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010