Pano Flip Book now has spots, plugins, video and lots of other features

  • darek_400
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
      Yes, since the first release I have been working on the book

      I just uploaded a new demo: http://pano-flip-book.com/

      I have done the following things:

      - changed and much improved the way the book creates and loads pages - this made the book really fast to download

      - added one background for all pages with possibility not to load it on particular pages - this speeded up downloading the book and made the process of creating a book and pages very easy and faster

      - I added spots to the book - something like hotspots in FPP:

      Possible spot types in the book:
      - area
      - image (including jpg, png, swf and gif)
      - text
      - audio
      - plugins
      - video implemented through plugins

      and here are the functions that are possible through spots added in book's xml:
      - http (for external link)
      - mail (for external mail)
      - spot (to load/unload spot)
      - show (to show/load spots)
      - hide (to hide spots)
      - move (to move)
      - play (to play/mute music, music can also load into page automatically)
      - page (to go to page)
      - loadPano (to load panorama)
      - pano ( to set new panorama size)

      Plugins can do the same + more depending on what you want and code, for example it can get the path to one particular spot and then move it around the stage or start drag, change the color... whatever, I wrote a plugin that changes panorama size dynamically

      More less this is it, from now Pano Flip Book is probably the most interactive book on the net, it is not just a book that displays panoramas any longer, it is a book panorama player rather.

      I hope you all like the changes

      Also the book itself uses little power of a processor, and I mean it.
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
        Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing this.

        What do you envision as the most viable commercial applications?

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "darek_400" <look@...> wrote:

        > Yes, since the first release I have been working on the book
        >
        > I just uploaded a new demo: http://pano-flip-book.com/
      • Eduardo Hutter
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
          Congratulations Darek.

          I was looking at the website. I think a clear notice about the need of a
          FPP license should be given on the Buy page, this will save you future
          headaches. Not everyone will read the last paragraph of the comparison page.

          I wish you sucess.

          * darek_400 wrote, On 03/03/2010 7:34 AM:

          > Yes, since the first release I have been working on the book
          >
          > I just uploaded a new demo: http://pano-flip-book.com/
          > <http://pano-flip-book.com/>

        • darek_400
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
            thanks Eduardo, I will do so

            Darek

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Eduardo Hutter <montreal360@...> wrote:

            > Congratulations Darek.
            >
            > I was looking at the website. I think a clear notice about the need of a
            > FPP license should be given on the Buy page, this will save you future
            > headaches. Not everyone will read the last paragraph of the comparison page.
            >
            > I wish you sucess.

            > * darek_400 wrote, On 03/03/2010 7:34 AM:
            > >

            > > Yes, since the first release I have been working on the book
            > >
            > > I just uploaded a new demo: http://pano-flip-book.com/
            > > <http://pano-flip-book.com/>

          • darek_400
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2010
              the new version has been finished and is being shipped - v.1.30