Re: [PanoToolsNG] Japanese afternoon - also posted on panoguide

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
      Cool stuff. I suppose there was no stiching but changing layers which cover the view field.
      :) Bostjan

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
        Thank you Roger.

        Yes, them have that strange fascination and bring some particular challenges along equally with satisfactios.

        About the download time, I feal the same as on the field the upload time is a significant part of the processing time and cause that time dilatation I said in some previous posts.

        Thanks for the interest, it really keeps me motivated on this.

        Unfortunatelly I wasn't in Japan, but some great cultural ambasadors of Japan were here at Timisoara, as you see in the panos.

        I'm dreamming (and so training and improove the software for) to do this on Photokina this year.. wish me luck :)

        best regards,
        Dorin

        > Well done! I wish I had known you would be in Japan, as I would
        > have attended to meet you in person.
        >
        > It amused me to think that it probably took me longer to download
        > all those panoramas than it took you to make them!
        >
        > I can see how, with so many people moving around, there would
        > still be quite a bit of work to be done on the seams if you
        > wanted to produce smoothly continuous panoramas, but these have
        > their own strange fascination as the discontinuous "jerk" show
        > us the people is slightly different attitudes and positions.
        >
        > The stitching of the background setting seems to be perfect.
        >
        > Roger W.
        >
        > On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 06:19:40 +0900, dorindxn <Dorin@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi, for those who are interested in live panoramas, here is an event I
        > > went couple of days ago, was completelly automatic processed, still
        > > posted here with some dalay due to a new feature I implemented, the
        > > some views and for me to choose the entry in a particular pano.
        > >
        > > So the feature is just implemented and as allways I appreciate some
        > > feedback.
        > >
        > > the link
        > > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/japanese-afternoon/
        > >
        > > and an example of such permalink
        > > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/japanese-afternoon/?pano=006&y=6.00&p=38.00&f=79.00
        > >
        > > Shoot with Canon 350D sigma 8mm ISO 1600 f/3.5, was shoot in jpeg as it
        > > went on-line couple of minutes after the shoot - without the permalinks
        > > in the first version -
        > >
        > > thank you,
        > > Dorin

        > Business: www.adex-japan.com
        > Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

      • dorindxn
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
          Hi Bostjan,

          yes, them are stitchless panos. Here are some infos about
          http://www.livepanoramas.com/stitchless.html
          http://www.livepanoramas.com/about.html

          thank you for posting,
          Dorin

          > Cool stuff. I suppose there was no stiching but changing layers which cover the view field.
          > :) Bostjan

        • Roger D. Williams
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
            On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 06:36:52 +0900, dorindxn <Dorin@...> wrote:

            > Thank you Roger.

            You're welcome!

            > Yes, them have that strange fascination and bring some particular
            > challenges along equally with satisfactions.
            >
            > About the download time, I feel the same as on the field the upload time
            > is a significant part of the processing time and cause that time
            > dilatation I said in some previous posts.

            > Unfortunately I wasn't in Japan, but some great cultural ambasadors of
            > Japan were here at Timisoara, as you see in the panos.

            Yes, I realised this when I revisited the panos for a longer look. It
            was surprising to me how much like a typical shopping center in Japan
            yours in Timisoara was! I guess they may be much the same the world
            over...

            > I'm dreamming (and so training and improove the software for) to do this
            > on Photokina this year.. wish me luck :)

            Go for it! I would love to see this being done...

            Roger W.

            --
            Business: www.adex-japan.com
            Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
          • Jann Lipka
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
              Good work Dorin - I like the concept very much ...

              I have some thoughts about if that many panoramas published is a good thing
              -
              just a couple of minutes in this type of event will not make a great
              difference -
              also I think maybe - just a suggestion -
              instead of "time stamp" it would be more interesting to put just a shot
              description like -
              "show starting", " tea ceremony" "japanese calligraphy" "tea ceremony
              birdsview" and so on ...
              I think that would be more useful for a not so "panorama eager " viewer.

              Also - a personal view - in my opinion your starting FOV (looks like close
              to 120 degrees ... ) i s quite much on a wide side - i know some people
              thinks
              such a wide angle makes them feel dizzy .... Myself I prefere more like 70
              degrees ... Is it possible for Live Panoramas to diminish starting FOV ?
              Thanks again for this pioneer work .

            • dorindxn
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 4, 2010
                Hello Jann,

                Thank you for the insides, is in my intentions to add descriptions,
                thumbnails along with timestamps and a way for the event producers to add their comments and maybe even for the visitors to add comments.

                About the FOV as you see in the permalink genrated by the webpage the
                last param is the intended fov which is around 65 but I learn from your reply that is way too wide, maybe on some wide screens. I'll check this asap I'll try to use diagonal fov or such, Hans was kind enough to said something about this while ago.

                Dorin