Re: [PanoToolsNG] Estonia's Independence Day 2010

  • L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz├ílez
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2 8:06 AM
      Hi Adrew!

      I liked very much your series. Did you appeared in any of the shots? I'm
      curious. I also liked the hide function of the thumbnails in the bottom of
      your pano.
      I was amazed about how close kids are allowed to play with the guns! And the
      snow, I can't imagine a parade in such a cold weather.

      Best regards from the subtropical regions of Mexico!

      2010/3/2 Andrew Bodrov <rey@...>

      > Hi all!
      >
      > I have made a series of panoramas from Estonia's Independence Day
      > celebrations in Tallinn, Freedom Square, Feb 24.
      > http://360pano.eu/tallinn
      >

      > Two shoots behind scene :)
      > http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7465.html
      > http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7492.html
      >

      > Cheers,
      > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu

      L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
      felipe@...
      1998-5246
      www.fpk.com.mx

    • Wim Koornneef
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2 8:10 AM
        Hello Andrei and Ayrton,

        I forgot to mention that the shift forwards depends on the number of shots
        around, when shooting 6 around then a NPP offset of 4 mm is sufficient, when
        shooting 3 around then 7mm is better.
        The shift itself is not important, the only thing what really counts is the
        position of the front of the lens, it is best to position the front of the
        lens (where light rays enters the lens at a -90 degree angle) in line with
        the outside of the ring adapter.

        I shoot often in a 60 degree slanted position to get a large FOV and at the
        same time a large overlap at the horizon, especially with the shaved Tokina
        10-17mm zoomlens I can get a sufficient resolution @13.5-14mm with just 6
        shots around.

        See the snapshots of the setup, I think they are self explaining:

        http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/R1+poleadapter_1.JPG
        http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/R1+poleadapter_2.JPG

        Wim