Re: Estonia's Independence Day 2010

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
      Hello Andrei,

      That is a very nice production. I like the background sound of the crowd, it
      adds a dimension to the viewing experience. I know you are a master in
      Photoshop retouching but I am sure it must be a hell of job to edit all
      those seems.

      I noticed on the photos that you are using a Nodal Ninja R1 ring on top of
      your pole, I have the same ring and when using it on a pole I remove the
      rotator from te upperpart (2 bolts M5) and with a Nodal Ninja R1 pole
      adapter with a 3/8" socket I connect only the upperpart of the R1 to the
      pole, this makes the footprint a lot smaller and when shifting the lens
      approx. 7mm forwards out of NPP the footprint is almost zero and you will
      only see your fingers around the pole.

      Best,
      Wim
    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
        Wim
        good day

        How you got to this 7mm ?
        Was it trial and error ???
        I've been doing some tests too, mine is already 4mm in front , so I think
        I'm gonna try as you say with 7mm :-)

        Tks
        AYRTON

        On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Wim Koornneef <wim.koornneef@...>wrote:

        > Hello Andrei,
        >
        > That is a very nice production. I like the background sound of the crowd,
        > it
        > adds a dimension to the viewing experience. I know you are a master in
        > Photoshop retouching but I am sure it must be a hell of job to edit all
        > those seems.
        >
        > I noticed on the photos that you are using a Nodal Ninja R1 ring on top of
        > your pole, I have the same ring and when using it on a pole I remove the
        > rotator from te upperpart (2 bolts M5) and with a Nodal Ninja R1 pole
        > adapter with a 3/8" socket I connect only the upperpart of the R1 to the
        > pole, this makes the footprint a lot smaller and when shifting the lens
        > approx. 7mm forwards out of NPP the footprint is almost zero and you will
        > only see your fingers around the pole.
        >
        > Best,
        > Wim

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
      • L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz├ílez
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
          Hi Adrew!

          I liked very much your series. Did you appeared in any of the shots? I'm
          curious. I also liked the hide function of the thumbnails in the bottom of
          your pano.
          I was amazed about how close kids are allowed to play with the guns! And the
          snow, I can't imagine a parade in such a cold weather.

          Best regards from the subtropical regions of Mexico!

          2010/3/2 Andrew Bodrov <rey@...>

          > Hi all!
          >
          > I have made a series of panoramas from Estonia's Independence Day
          > celebrations in Tallinn, Freedom Square, Feb 24.
          > http://360pano.eu/tallinn
          >

          > Two shoots behind scene :)
          > http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7465.html
          > http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7492.html
          >

          > Cheers,
          > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu

          L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
          felipe@...
          1998-5246
          www.fpk.com.mx

        • Wim Koornneef
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
            Hello Andrei and Ayrton,

            I forgot to mention that the shift forwards depends on the number of shots
            around, when shooting 6 around then a NPP offset of 4 mm is sufficient, when
            shooting 3 around then 7mm is better.
            The shift itself is not important, the only thing what really counts is the
            position of the front of the lens, it is best to position the front of the
            lens (where light rays enters the lens at a -90 degree angle) in line with
            the outside of the ring adapter.

            I shoot often in a 60 degree slanted position to get a large FOV and at the
            same time a large overlap at the horizon, especially with the shaved Tokina
            10-17mm zoomlens I can get a sufficient resolution @13.5-14mm with just 6
            shots around.

            See the snapshots of the setup, I think they are self explaining:

            http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/R1+poleadapter_1.JPG
            http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/R1+poleadapter_2.JPG

            Wim