Re: [PanoToolsNG] Estonia's Independence Day 2010

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
      I enjoyed this series very much. I also had fun trying to spot the
      people who appeared more than once in the same panorama... five of
      them in one, I noticed. YOU must have had fun editing all the seams!

      It looks almost as if you were expecting armed resistance to the
      celebrations with all those soldiers and guns around! But the kids
      were obviously having fun clambering all over them.

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
        Hello Andrei,

        That is a very nice production. I like the background sound of the crowd, it
        adds a dimension to the viewing experience. I know you are a master in
        Photoshop retouching but I am sure it must be a hell of job to edit all
        those seems.

        I noticed on the photos that you are using a Nodal Ninja R1 ring on top of
        your pole, I have the same ring and when using it on a pole I remove the
        rotator from te upperpart (2 bolts M5) and with a Nodal Ninja R1 pole
        adapter with a 3/8" socket I connect only the upperpart of the R1 to the
        pole, this makes the footprint a lot smaller and when shifting the lens
        approx. 7mm forwards out of NPP the footprint is almost zero and you will
        only see your fingers around the pole.

        Best,
        Wim
      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
          Wim
          good day

          How you got to this 7mm ?
          Was it trial and error ???
          I've been doing some tests too, mine is already 4mm in front , so I think
          I'm gonna try as you say with 7mm :-)

          Tks
          AYRTON

          On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Wim Koornneef <wim.koornneef@...>wrote:

          > Hello Andrei,
          >
          > That is a very nice production. I like the background sound of the crowd,
          > it
          > adds a dimension to the viewing experience. I know you are a master in
          > Photoshop retouching but I am sure it must be a hell of job to edit all
          > those seems.
          >
          > I noticed on the photos that you are using a Nodal Ninja R1 ring on top of
          > your pole, I have the same ring and when using it on a pole I remove the
          > rotator from te upperpart (2 bolts M5) and with a Nodal Ninja R1 pole
          > adapter with a 3/8" socket I connect only the upperpart of the R1 to the
          > pole, this makes the footprint a lot smaller and when shifting the lens
          > approx. 7mm forwards out of NPP the footprint is almost zero and you will
          > only see your fingers around the pole.
          >
          > Best,
          > Wim

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
        • L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz├ílez
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
            Hi Adrew!

            I liked very much your series. Did you appeared in any of the shots? I'm
            curious. I also liked the hide function of the thumbnails in the bottom of
            your pano.
            I was amazed about how close kids are allowed to play with the guns! And the
            snow, I can't imagine a parade in such a cold weather.

            Best regards from the subtropical regions of Mexico!

            2010/3/2 Andrew Bodrov <rey@...>

            > Hi all!
            >
            > I have made a series of panoramas from Estonia's Independence Day
            > celebrations in Tallinn, Freedom Square, Feb 24.
            > http://360pano.eu/tallinn
            >

            > Two shoots behind scene :)
            > http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7465.html
            > http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7492.html
            >

            > Cheers,
            > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu

            L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
            felipe@...
            1998-5246
            www.fpk.com.mx

          • Wim Koornneef
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
              Hello Andrei and Ayrton,

              I forgot to mention that the shift forwards depends on the number of shots
              around, when shooting 6 around then a NPP offset of 4 mm is sufficient, when
              shooting 3 around then 7mm is better.
              The shift itself is not important, the only thing what really counts is the
              position of the front of the lens, it is best to position the front of the
              lens (where light rays enters the lens at a -90 degree angle) in line with
              the outside of the ring adapter.

              I shoot often in a 60 degree slanted position to get a large FOV and at the
              same time a large overlap at the horizon, especially with the shaved Tokina
              10-17mm zoomlens I can get a sufficient resolution @13.5-14mm with just 6
              shots around.

              See the snapshots of the setup, I think they are self explaining:

              http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/R1+poleadapter_1.JPG
              http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/R1+poleadapter_2.JPG

              Wim