Estonia's Independence Day 2010

  • Andrew Bodrov
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hi all!

      I have made a series of panoramas from Estonia's Independence Day
      celebrations in Tallinn, Freedom Square, Feb 24.
      http://360pano.eu/tallinn

      Two shoots behind scene :)
      http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7465.html
      http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7492.html

      Cheers,
      Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
        I enjoyed this series very much. I also had fun trying to spot the
        people who appeared more than once in the same panorama... five of
        them in one, I noticed. YOU must have had fun editing all the seams!

        It looks almost as if you were expecting armed resistance to the
        celebrations with all those soldiers and guns around! But the kids
        were obviously having fun clambering all over them.

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com
        Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
          Hello Andrei,

          That is a very nice production. I like the background sound of the crowd, it
          adds a dimension to the viewing experience. I know you are a master in
          Photoshop retouching but I am sure it must be a hell of job to edit all
          those seems.

          I noticed on the photos that you are using a Nodal Ninja R1 ring on top of
          your pole, I have the same ring and when using it on a pole I remove the
          rotator from te upperpart (2 bolts M5) and with a Nodal Ninja R1 pole
          adapter with a 3/8" socket I connect only the upperpart of the R1 to the
          pole, this makes the footprint a lot smaller and when shifting the lens
          approx. 7mm forwards out of NPP the footprint is almost zero and you will
          only see your fingers around the pole.

          Best,
          Wim
        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
            Wim
            good day

            How you got to this 7mm ?
            Was it trial and error ???
            I've been doing some tests too, mine is already 4mm in front , so I think
            I'm gonna try as you say with 7mm :-)

            Tks
            AYRTON

            On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Wim Koornneef <wim.koornneef@...>wrote:

            > Hello Andrei,
            >
            > That is a very nice production. I like the background sound of the crowd,
            > it
            > adds a dimension to the viewing experience. I know you are a master in
            > Photoshop retouching but I am sure it must be a hell of job to edit all
            > those seems.
            >
            > I noticed on the photos that you are using a Nodal Ninja R1 ring on top of
            > your pole, I have the same ring and when using it on a pole I remove the
            > rotator from te upperpart (2 bolts M5) and with a Nodal Ninja R1 pole
            > adapter with a 3/8" socket I connect only the upperpart of the R1 to the
            > pole, this makes the footprint a lot smaller and when shifting the lens
            > approx. 7mm forwards out of NPP the footprint is almost zero and you will
            > only see your fingers around the pole.
            >
            > Best,
            > Wim

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
          • L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz├ílez
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
              Hi Adrew!

              I liked very much your series. Did you appeared in any of the shots? I'm
              curious. I also liked the hide function of the thumbnails in the bottom of
              your pano.
              I was amazed about how close kids are allowed to play with the guns! And the
              snow, I can't imagine a parade in such a cold weather.

              Best regards from the subtropical regions of Mexico!

              2010/3/2 Andrew Bodrov <rey@...>

              > Hi all!
              >
              > I have made a series of panoramas from Estonia's Independence Day
              > celebrations in Tallinn, Freedom Square, Feb 24.
              > http://360pano.eu/tallinn
              >

              > Two shoots behind scene :)
              > http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7465.html
              > http://rey.fotki.com/misc/panotools/img-7492.html
              >

              > Cheers,
              > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu

              L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
              felipe@...
              1998-5246
              www.fpk.com.mx

            • Wim Koornneef
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
                Hello Andrei and Ayrton,

                I forgot to mention that the shift forwards depends on the number of shots
                around, when shooting 6 around then a NPP offset of 4 mm is sufficient, when
                shooting 3 around then 7mm is better.
                The shift itself is not important, the only thing what really counts is the
                position of the front of the lens, it is best to position the front of the
                lens (where light rays enters the lens at a -90 degree angle) in line with
                the outside of the ring adapter.

                I shoot often in a 60 degree slanted position to get a large FOV and at the
                same time a large overlap at the horizon, especially with the shaved Tokina
                10-17mm zoomlens I can get a sufficient resolution @13.5-14mm with just 6
                shots around.

                See the snapshots of the setup, I think they are self explaining:

                http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/R1+poleadapter_1.JPG
                http://www.dmmdh.nl/forum_images/R1+poleadapter_2.JPG

                Wim