Re: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 8-16mm at PMA

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2010
      On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:40:44 +0900, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...>

      > AFAIK diagonal fov is used only for fisheyes? This is the official specs:
      > http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_ZUIKO_DIGITAL_ED_7-14mm_1_4_0.htm
      > But in PTGui it shows sligtly less fov. About 85 degrees hfov in
      > portrait mode vs 88 degrees as found in EXIF.

      That does not accord with my experience. "The" FOV, a single value without
      qualification is more likely to be the diagonal than either the H or V FOV.

      >> Ah, I prefer "pseudo" HDR from a single exposure, and that really tends
      >> to bring up the grain in the shadows... <wry grin> The Fuji suffers
      >> least from this in my limited experience.
      > Like this one ? ;)
      > http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp1207/html/BjornKareNilssen.html
      > With exaggerated grain. Far too slick with noise removed IMHO.

      Beautiful panorama. And I agree. That plasticky, too-smooth look is really
      off-putting. One of the things I like about my little Pentax K-x is that
      noise is quite low and when it does appear is more "grainy" than cameras
      where it tends to look like a coat of many colours laying on the ground.

      Roger W.

      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger