Contax RTS lenses [OT]

  • A Kielcz
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 25, 2010
      The best offer from various sources for my 4 lenses and misc stuff was $900.
      I'm thinking, maybe I should buy used Canon body and adapter and use these lenses. Which body would you recommend? I think I'd prefer FX body.
      That would solve my problem and cost of buying D700.
      Also, how good these lenses would be on Canon.
      Thank you!
      PS
      I lost a link where I could buy adapter.

      A Kielcz

      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 26, 2010
        Canon 5d mk2 or 5D
        :-)
        I still use all my CZ lenses, and they are the reason why I got a Canon.
        Best adatpter is novoflex, but Fotodiox pro is good too.
        Many AF-chip adapters do the job too!!!

        2010/2/25 A Kielcz <roblee007@...>

        > The best offer from various sources for my 4 lenses and misc stuff was
        > $900.
        > I'm thinking, maybe I should buy used Canon body and adapter and use these
        > lenses. Which body would you recommend? I think I'd prefer FX body.
        > That would solve my problem and cost of buying D700.
        > Also, how good these lenses would be on Canon.
        > Thank you!
        > PS
        > I lost a link where I could buy adapter.
        >
        > A Kielcz
        >
        > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

        Luca Vascon.

        www.canalview.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com

      • Carl von Einem
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 26, 2010
          Hi!

          Adapters? That's a typical Luca Vascon specialty!
          http://panopticus.altervista.org/adapters/ctxoneos.htm
          He mentions different adapter manufacturers on that page.

          Usually Novoflex delivers great adapters but I can't find an adapter in
          their database that couples an EOS body with Contax lenses:
          http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/adapters/adapter-finder/
          You could ask them, though. Maybe they just forgot to add it to their
          database ;-)

          (btw scroll down to see the note about the "new version of the adapter
          for Nikon lenses to Canon EOS cameras" with "an integrated aperture
          control ring")

          Cheers,
          Carl

          Posted by: "A Kielcz"

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 26, 2010
            yess...
            If you want me to do it I'll look over ebay and send you the most
            interesting ones.

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 26, 2010
              Luca,
              I appreciate your offer, but first I'd like to know, if I can get Canon with full size sensor.

              A Kielcz

              Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

              If you want me to do it I'll look over ebay and send you the most

              interesting ones.

              2010/2/26 Carl von Einem <einem@...>

              > Hi!

              > Adapters? That's a typical Luca Vascon specialty!

              > http://panopticus. altervista. org/adapters/ ctxoneos. htm

              > He mentions different adapter manufacturers on that page.

              > Usually Novoflex delivers great adapters but I can't find an adapter in

              > their database that couples an EOS body with Contax lenses:

              > http://www.novoflex .com/en/products /adapters/ adapter-finder/

              > You could ask them, though. Maybe they just forgot to add it to their

              > database ;-)

              > (btw scroll down to see the note about the "new version of the adapter

              > for Nikon lenses to Canon EOS cameras" with "an integrated aperture

              > control ring")

              > Cheers,

              > Carl

              > Posted by: "A Kielcz"

              > > I'm thinking, maybe I should buy used Canon body and adapter and

              > > use these lenses. (...)

              > > PS

              > > I lost a link where I could buy adapter.

              Luca Vascon.

              www.canalview. it

              www.officinepanotti che.com

            • AYRTON
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 26, 2010
                Kielcz
                why is that you never "clean" your msgs ?
                They keep all the trash lines on it
                Pls

                best
                AYRTON

                On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

                > Luca,
                > I appreciate your offer, but first I'd like to know, if I can get Canon
                > with full size sensor.
                >
                > A Kielcz
                >
                > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                ------------
                | A Y R |
                | T O N |
              • A Kielcz
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 26, 2010
                  AYRTON
                  do you hate me now? or something?

                  A Kielcz

                  Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                  On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM, A Kielcz <roblee007@yahoo. com> wrote:

                  > Luca,

                  > I appreciate your offer, but first I'd like to know, if I can get Canon

                  > with full size sensor.

                  > A Kielcz

                  > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                  > --- On Fri, 2/26/10, luca vascon <luca.vascon@ gmail.com> wrote:

                  > From: luca vascon <luca.vascon@ gmail.com>

                  > Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Contax RTS lenses [OT]

                  > To: PanoToolsNG@ yahoogroups. com

                  > Date: Friday, February 26, 2010, 7:40 PM

                  > yess...

                  > If you want me to do it I'll look over ebay and send you the most

                  > interesting ones.

                  > 2010/2/26 Carl von Einem <einem@...>

                  > > Hi!

                  > > Adapters? That's a typical Luca Vascon specialty!

                  > > http://panopticus. altervista. org/adapters/ ctxoneos. htm

                  > > He mentions different adapter manufacturers on that page.

                  > > Usually Novoflex delivers great adapters but I can't find an adapter in

                  > > their database that couples an EOS body with Contax lenses:

                  > > http://www.novoflex .com/en/products /adapters/ adapter-finder/

                  > > You could ask them, though. Maybe they just forgot to add it to their

                  > > database ;-)

                  > > (btw scroll down to see the note about the "new version of the adapter

                  > > for Nikon lenses to Canon EOS cameras" with "an integrated aperture

                  > > control ring")

                  > > Cheers,

                  > > Carl

                  > > Posted by: "A Kielcz"

                  > > > I'm thinking, maybe I should buy used Canon body and adapter and

                  > > > use these lenses. (...)

                  > > > PS

                  > > > I lost a link where I could buy adapter.

                  > > ------------ --------- --------- ------

                  > > --

                  > --

                  > Luca Vascon.

                  > www.canalview. it

                  > www.officinepanotti che.com

                  ------------

                  | A Y R |

                  | T O N |

                  ------------

                  + 55 21 9982 6313

                  http://ayrton360. com

                  follow-me : twitter.com/ ayrton360

                • luca vascon
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                    there are some replies around that add a lot of line feeds...
                    Someother that open a new 3d each reply.
                    I noticed it already.
                    Happens with many posters, but don't know how to help them with this
                    poblem...

                    2010/2/27 A Kielcz <roblee007@...>

                    > AYRTON
                    > do you hate me now? or something?
                    >
                    > A Kielcz
                    >
                    > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                  • luca vascon
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                      I'm here, when you will decide to buy adapter on ebay I'll make a small
                      survey for you.
                      :0)

                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                        which Canon full frame is most reasonably priced?

                        A Kielcz

                        Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                        If you want me to do it I'll look over ebay and send you the most

                        interesting ones.

                        2010/2/26 Carl von Einem <einem@...>

                        > Hi!

                        > Adapters? That's a typical Luca Vascon specialty!

                        > http://panopticus. altervista. org/adapters/ ctxoneos. htm

                        > He mentions different adapter manufacturers on that page.

                        > Usually Novoflex delivers great adapters but I can't find an adapter in

                        > their database that couples an EOS body with Contax lenses:

                        > http://www.novoflex .com/en/products /adapters/ adapter-finder/

                        > You could ask them, though. Maybe they just forgot to add it to their

                        > database ;-)

                        > (btw scroll down to see the note about the "new version of the adapter

                        > for Nikon lenses to Canon EOS cameras" with "an integrated aperture

                        > control ring")

                        > Cheers,

                        > Carl

                        > Posted by: "A Kielcz"

                        > > I'm thinking, maybe I should buy used Canon body and adapter and

                        > > use these lenses. (...)

                        > > PS

                        > > I lost a link where I could buy adapter.

                        Luca Vascon.

                        www.canalview. it

                        www.officinepanotti che.com

                      • Uri Cogan
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                          On 2/27/10 9:01 AM, A Kielcz wrote:

                          > which Canon full frame is most reasonably priced?

                          Is this the right place to ask? I recommend you go to Google and search:
                          'canon camera prices'

                          PS: when replying to an Email message, it's not necessary to quote the
                          entire message that you are responding to, AND to include your own

                          Uri Cogan
                          http://www.uricogan.com

                          *** My Karma Ran Over My Dogma ***
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                            Am 27.02.2010 05:44, schrieb A Kielcz:
                            > AYRTON
                            > do you hate me now? or something?

                            Calm down, take it easy...

                            But please note that the user guidelines suggest you edit your replies:
                            http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines#Content

                            Your PanotoolsNG moderator
                          • luca vascon
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                              5dmk2 is the top and only camera.
                              You can find bargain 2nd hand 5D.
                              Mk2 can do movies (spectacular use of zeiss lenses) have a better iso
                              performance and 21 megapixel you can actually USE with the zeiss lenses
                              only, and with very FEW MK2 version of Canon L lenses

                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                                Yes, you are true, he should reedit his messages!
                                PLEASE, A Kielcz, DO IT!

                                P.S.
                                I'd ask here even id I'd have to buy a new pair of socks...
                                I asked for monitor, for color calibrator and many other things, and someone
                                told me "ask somewhere else". and there is a reason why.
                                Here I know everybody since 2001-2002, they know me and we have the same
                                idiosincratic panorama attitude, so any advice has a reason. Easy replies
                                are often not so straight. Usually the reply is "depends". I know who is
                                giving it and I can evaluate and extract 10 times the infos from the worlds
                                he tells me.
                                This way information has more density and far more quality.
                                Even for simple things...
                                I'd not ask advice for a new LCD monitor in a computer hardware group. They
                                would point me to the best gaming monitor.
                                As I'd not EVER ask lens and camera advice in a wedding photographers group.

                                If you race in F1 you will not ask info about tires in a trial bike
                                garage...
                                ;0)
                                so, that is why I reply even to what seems annoying or simple questions.
                                Someone did with me, nearly 10 years ago!

                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                                  Do you guys want this forum for yourself only? No problema.

                                  A.Kielcz
                                  Professore

                                • Uri Cogan
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 27, 2010
                                    On 2/27/10 5:07 PM, A Kielcz wrote:

                                    > Do you guys want this forum for yourself only? No problema.
                                    >
                                    > A.Kielcz
                                    > Professore

                                    Dear Professore,
                                    From the list guidelines: (http://tinyurl.com/yfr5ryy)

                                    PanotoolsNG was set up to provide a home for open discussion of the creation and display of panoramas, panoramic images and associated technologies.

                                    Uri Cogan
                                    http://www.uricogan.com
                                    *** My Karma Ran Over My Dogma ***

                                  • jrgen_schrader
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 28, 2010
                                      It's a bad habit to walk with dirty shoes into rooms used by many people.

                                      Jürgen

                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

                                      > Do you guys want this forum for yourself only? No problema.
                                      >
                                      > A.Kielcz
                                      > Professore

                                    • luca vascon
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 28, 2010
                                        nope!
                                        we do not.
                                        :-)
                                        that is why we always reply.
                                        If you put a question here, even about what new socks to buy, I will reply.
                                        And I'd advise you to always dress dark and non reflecting material, coz
                                        shooting panoramas imply that somewhere you always get reflected from a
                                        surface.
                                        Does not matter how you pay attention.

                                        Put please, follow netiquette and edit your posts so they are not 1km
                                        scroll...
                                        I'm on internet on a 600pixel tall netbook, as others do.
                                        your software replies with a LOT of blank lines, making problematic what is
                                        usually simply annoying.

                                        THANK YOU!
                                        Luca.
                                        professor too.