mis alignment of images

  • biondo.michael
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2010
      Hello, I am having a problem with getting several images to align properly, I can do it in photoshop but I would rather us PTgui since it supports HDR & exposure blending. Here is my work flow...

      I am shooting arch & landscape, my working method is to shoot with a dslr mounted onto the rear of a view camera, I shoot bracketed panoramas, three rows of three frames (landscape orientation) the problem arises when i try to create three, one of each exposure, identical, pixel perfect stitches that I then use to blend together to create one HDR image. I know how to accomplish this using PTGui software but I am finding that the quality of the stitches created with PTgui is not up to par (misaligned elements). I am having much more success using PS3 photomerge BUT, I can not get photoshop to create three identical pixel perfect stitches. So now I am back to PTgui. I Can easily fix the misalignment with retouching but I an trying to create an efficient workflow.

      I have deleted any control points above 5.0 and I have tried to add control points to the area in question but no matter how careful I am in their placement they come out with with a distance above 5.0 Any ideas?? I would be happy to post or email examples of the problem I am having.
      Thanks!
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2010
        5px is pretty large.

        1st step is to determine if there IS parallax happening.

        Can you see disparate elements behind adjacent photos?

        If so, your setup isn't worthy.

        If not, the optimizing process tends to require a tad bit of experience of
        different situations to understand what is actually happening and what needs
        to occur.

        To solve: read http://wiki.panotools.org

        As for photomerge, on different exposures..

        Dead SIMPLE.

        Photomerge creates an image that is cut across it's blend.

        Use wand select tool and create a mask based on the image shape to re-use on
        your alternate exposures.

        You SHOULD be able to use both tools to create a perfect stitch without any
        issues.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.seeit360.net