take the model's clothes off and drag him around

  • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 21, 2010
      here is a very cool and funny implementation of object movie-style
      navigation

      http://eu.wrangler.com/bluebell/#/collection/1

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

      www.360cities.net - The world's best panoramic photography
      See us on the BBC
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8176497.stm
      See us on WIRED www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/panoramic-photo-prague/

    • Bernhard Vogl
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 21, 2010
        > http://eu.wrangler.com/bluebell/#/collection/1

        Yes, i'd say this is funny and innovative... :-)
      • Bostjan Burger
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 21, 2010
          Yes it is cool but...sorry not innovative anymore. I did similar for the Diemme sport collection in the year 2000. It was interactive series ob object VRs with striping the models from the full cloth to the underwear. When the user wanted to strip the underwear the model said 'shame on you'...it was very cool presentation of the collection and with HI popularity. I tried to find that on the net again to post the link but it is logical that it doesn't exist anymore. I remember their phone call in the year 2002 to renew the project but I refused as I had no time to be commercial at that time.
          :) Bostjan

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 21, 2010
            I'd have loved to see your object VRs!... (not only because of the
            models) ;-)
          • Bostjan Burger
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 21, 2010
              I'll try to set up the 'retro'. I still have somewhere that project in my archive. It was stiched and  diplayed with Photovista. I used the same method with the Virtual museums. Here is 10 years old (much more simple) example: http://www.burger.si/MuzejiInGalerije/PokrajinskiMuzejPtuj/Maske/Kurent_Perje.HTML%c2%a0(and still running...) or this one: http://www.burger.si/MuzejiInGalerije/PokrajinskiMuzejPtuj/Maske/Kurent_Rogovi.HTML. and many more... uh...that is history...only 10 years ago... and how much better technology is today...Models in that time were young ~ 19 - 23 yrs old girls and today are most probably mothers, never met them again... ;)
              :) Bostjan

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                But Bostjan ...
                where are thereal models ???
                :-)

                best
                AYRTON
                (waiting)

                On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                > I'll try to set up the 'retro'. I still have somewhere that project in my
                > archive. It was stiched and diplayed with Photovista. I used the same
                > method with the Virtual museums. Here is 10 years old (much more
                > simple) example:
                > http://www.burger.si/MuzejiInGalerije/PokrajinskiMuzejPtuj/Maske/Kurent_Perje.HTML (and
                > still running...) or this one:
                > http://www.burger.si/MuzejiInGalerije/PokrajinskiMuzejPtuj/Maske/Kurent_Rogovi.HTML.
                > and many more... uh...that is history...only 10 years ago... and how much
                > better technology is today...Models in that time were young ~ 19 - 23 yrs
                > old girls and today are most probably mothers, never met them again... ;)
                > :) Bostjan

                ------------
                | A Y R |
                | T O N |
              • guillaume_fulchiron
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                  AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                  > But Bostjan ...
                  > where are thereal models ???
                  > :-)

                  Hey Ayrton, don't you remember those models from Spinography.com for Playboy website some years back ? One could take off their clothes or turn them around with one mouse's click.
                  (Nobody can say I'm off topic)

                  Sample 1 :
                  http://spinography.com/area51/playboy/final/sydney.html

                  From 360° with (very) hot spot :
                  http://spinography.com/area51/playboy/final/pay.html

                  Beware 1, these pages require QuickTime plug-in.
                  Beware 2, these pages contain some explicit nudity.
                  You have been warned...

                  Cheers,

                  G.

                  > On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I'll try to set up the 'retro'. I still have somewhere that project in my
                  > > archive. It was stiched and diplayed with Photovista. I used the same
                  > > method with the Virtual museums. Here is 10 years old (much more
                  > > simple) example:
                  > > http://www.burger.si/MuzejiInGalerije/PokrajinskiMuzejPtuj/Maske/Kurent_Perje.HTML (and
                  > > still running...) or this one:
                  > > http://www.burger.si/MuzejiInGalerije/PokrajinskiMuzejPtuj/Maske/Kurent_Rogovi.HTML.
                  > > and many more... uh...that is history...only 10 years ago... and how much
                  > > better technology is today...Models in that time were young ~ 19 - 23 yrs
                  > > old girls and today are most probably mothers, never met them again... ;)
                  > > :) Bostjan

                • Trausti Hraunfjord
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                    On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM, guillaume_fulchiron <
                    guillaume.fulchiron@...> wrote:

                    > Beware 2, these pages contain some explicit nudity.
                    > You have been warned...

                    WARNED? I considered it as an encouragement to visit... EVEN when you had
                    warned about it being QT content.

                    Very raw and simple... but I guess that's more than enough for many.

                  • Stephani Hill
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                      I have said that this kind of photography has applications across the
                      board. I must admit that is one application that I had not thought of!

                      (One of those gals had stretch marks-I feel so much better now!!!!)

                      Stephani

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                        On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Stephani Hill
                        <virtualpointphotos@...>wrote:

                        > (One of those gals had stretch marks-I feel so much better now!!!!)

                        I'm sure you say this ONLY to try and trick me to visit the pages again for
                        a closer look....

                        Not going to happen!

                      • Bostjan Burger
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                          Who knows Ayrton... ;) Maybe someone of them is reading this forum and will knock on my door (lol)
                          Bostjan

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                            G.,
                            Haaaahhhahahhhhhhhhhnnnnnnn
                            yes I remember now
                            I've seen a long time ago on QTVR list :-)

                            merci for reminding meeeeeeeeee :-)

                            Ok, I have to go "explore" it a bit

                            best

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                              Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

                              > WARNED? I considered it as an encouragement to visit... EVEN when you had
                              > warned about it being QT content.

                              You might be right after all but as we are on an international forum, I thought it was better to prevent twice.
                              I should also add another warning about the automatic window resizing.

                              > Very raw and simple... but I guess that's more than enough for many.

                              True, but I remember at that time how I was amazed by the ability of QT.

                              Cheers,

                              G.
                            • guillaume_fulchiron
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                                AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                                > G.,
                                > Haaaahhhahahhhhhhhhhnnnnnnn
                                > yes I remember now
                                > I've seen a long time ago on QTVR list :-)
                                >
                                > merci for reminding meeeeeeeeee :-)
                                >
                                > Ok, I have to go "explore" it a bit
                                >
                                > best

                                I knew I would make someone happy today !

                                Cheers,

                                G.
                              • Trausti Hraunfjord
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 22, 2010
                                  guillaume.fulchiron@...> wrote:

                                  > I knew I would make someone happy today !
                                  >
                                  > Cheers,
                                  >
                                  > G.

                                  Like someone's lawyer... who will sue you for mental torture :)

                                  Ok, I don't think anyone here would be crazy enough to push for such
                                  insanity... but stranger things have taken place in this world of ours.

                                  I'm glad that you shared these with us.