Re: [PanoToolsNG] There's a new OLYMPUS PEN E-PL1 CAMERA

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2010
      On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:17:26 +0900, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>
      wrote:

      > Lenses HAVE to cost more than a camera!!!
      > :-D

      I echo that! The little Pentax K-X I am playing with came with a
      loaned Sigma F/1.4 30mm "Prime" lens that cost quite a bit more than the
      camera and indeed is rather bulky and tends to look disproportionately
      huge when attached. But my wife and I went to a party the other
      evening and the combination of low-noise 1600 ISO, anti-shake in the
      camera, and a fast F/1.4 lens meant that I got lots and lots of good
      candid shots of the party goers. So I would say the lens is well
      worth it and a great combination with the camera. I was surprised. It
      is a lens I would never have thought of buying, but proved really
      good to use. I must see if it is reviewed anywhere and what others
      think of it.

      I am loaning the guy who sold me the K-7 my Cosina Leica-mount lenses for
      his Epson RD digital rangefinder camera. He loaned me the Sigma in return.

      It's a whole different world from panoramas, and lots of fun.

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger