Re: [PanoToolsNG] smoke em if you got em

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2010
      Just for clarification: The tobaccos they normally smoke in those
      waterpipes, are scented... tasting/smelling like apples, oranges and other
      stuff, and not opium, as many people tend to think. I had Persian friends
      who had these kind of pipes, and a variety of tobaccos, but I never found a
      flavour I liked ... being a hard-core tobacco smoker back then, fuming pipes
      and Cuban and other cigars and a truckload of cigarettes (mainly liking the
      Indonesian "Kretek"(clove) from "Djaarum").
      The smoking culture in Iran is quite different from what we are used to in
      the west. It's like a social "cometogether" event where people relax and
      have their tea/coffee and converse.

      Trausti