Re: [PanoToolsNG] image rotation in exif

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
      Always? No, depends on the camera... usually, yes, in my experience - the
      orientation field stores sufficient info to determine the direction of
      rotation... see this page:

      http://sylvana.net/jpegcrop/exif_orientation.html

      Tools like Exiftool often convert the values to more natural values, such as
      (in exiftool's case) "Rotate 270 CW" but they are stored as shown above.

      Some cameras have better orientation sensors than others - I remember my 10D
      often failed to properly record orientation, and almost always got confused
      when the camera was tilted straight up for the zenith shot.

      -R