Re: Samyang Ring Mount

  • Thomas Krüger
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
      Tobias Vollmer did some modifications on the lens ring:
      Quicktime movie about the mod: http://www.lookaround.nl/images/net/SY.mov
      Website of Tobias Vollmer:
      http://www.360pano.de/en/tokina-sigma-nikon.html#samyang
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
        Thank you, Hans. I have been corresponding with the Nodal Ninja
        CS person and it appears that the Samyang ring cannot be
        attached directly to a monopod, nor can it be positioned at an
        NPP without the use of a Swiss Arco adaptor. That rather rules
        it out for me.

        The US$180 for the ring is steep but acceptable if it had done
        the job.

        I am very interested in your other suggestions and will look
        into them.

        Thanks again...

        Roger W.

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
          Thank you, Tobias.

          On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:55:50 +0900, Thomas Krüger <th.krueger@...>
          wrote:

          > Tobias Vollmer did some modifications on the lens ring:
          > Quicktime movie about the mod: http://www.lookaround.nl/images/net/SY.mov
          > Website of Tobias Vollmer:
          > http://www.360pano.de/en/tokina-sigma-nikon.html#samyang

          That is a very impressive-looking ring assembly. I must look into
          this.

          Roger W.

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
            I guessed that, but thanks for the confirmation.

            Roger W.