Re: What HTML editor for Mac?

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2010
      You might want to try PageSpinner, at http://www.optima-system.com/pagespinner/

      It's really a a very good editor, you can try it for three weeks for free, and should you like it the license is only $29.95.

      I have no connection to them except I've been a satisfied PageSpinner user for nearly 8 years.

      Chuck Lampman

      > TextWrangler definitely looks like a good tool.
      > BBEdit is way out of my price range.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Roger Howard wrote:
      > > I *highly* recommend Coda, CSS Edit, and TextWrangler.
      > >
      > > I do most of my Web development in TextWrangler (the fantastic, free little
      > > brother to BBEdit), but Coda is an extremely elegant Web development IDE,
      > > and CSS Edit is spectacular for hardcore style hacking.
      > >
      > > -Roger
      > >
      > > On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      > >> you're gonna like it :
      > >> fast
      > >> cheap
      > >> good
      > >> easy
      > >>
      > >> :-)
      > >>
      > >> best
      > >> AYRTON

      > >> --

    • Andrew Crawford
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 3, 2010
        Ken Warner wrote:
        > What are you guys favorites?

        I generally use JEdit, which is available for Mac, Windows and Linux.
        It's more of a programmer's editor, though it has some nice features for
        HTML, including syntax hilighting and tag auto-close.

        http://www.jedit.org/

        Aptana Studio is a fairly popular IDE (Integrated Development
        Environment) but, may be overkill if you are just editing HTML. There
        is an open source and a commercial version.

        http://www.aptana.org/

        RapidWeaver is one of the more popular graphical web design tools for
        MacOS X. It's commercial software but, they do offer a free trial:

        http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

        Best,