Re: PTViewerNG - High resolution example

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 1, 2010
      The '(screencast)' irritated my browser ;-)
      M4V? New to me, I have to admit. OK, now I know it has to do with
      iSoftware and iDevices but I think we just recently read sooo much about
      these products... ;-)
      Just in case the link doesn't work for others... This is how it works
      with VLC (from videolan.org):
      - in menu "File" look for "Open Network..."
      - in the dialog choose HTTP/FTP/MMS/RTSP and
      - paste Jeffrey's link
      www.vrlog.net/temp/crazy-pano.m4v
      in the URL field
      - click OK and enjoy

      Thanks for the video, Jeffrey, nice way to document these kind of bugs.
      Did you use QuickTime X to record this?

      Carl

      Posted by: "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net"

      > maybe this was reported already, anyway, the lo-rez version works great, but
      > the hi-rez version is crazy... www.vrlog.net/temp/crazy-pano.m4v(screencast)
      >
      > the viewer is awesome. I can't wait until there are some more standard
      > navigation controls. it is really promising already! really nice work.
    • hd_de_2000
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 1, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ahoeben41" <aldo@...> wrote:

        > I see you removed the "return false" statements from the handleMouse[Down|Up|Move] handlers. I put those there to prevent accidental selections of html elements outside the canvas element. Come to think of it, you only need it for the handleMouseMove handler, and only if currentlyDragging is set.
        >
        > Or does that break things in Firefox? (Ah, brings back memories of the "good old days" of cross-browser testing...)

        Just a leftover of my debugging session until I found out that it didn't work because of the offsetX-thing. I guess I will reinsert the "return false" statements.

        Regards

        Helmut Dersch