Re: [PanoToolsNG] What HTML editor for Mac?

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2010
      I *highly* recommend Coda, CSS Edit, and TextWrangler.

      I do most of my Web development in TextWrangler (the fantastic, free little
      brother to BBEdit), but Coda is an extremely elegant Web development IDE,
      and CSS Edit is spectacular for hardcore style hacking.

      -Roger

      On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      > On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...<kwarner000%40verizon.net>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > It looks good to me too. I'm going to try it first.
      > >

      > you're gonna like it :
      > fast
      > cheap
      > good
      > easy
      >
      > :-)
      >
      > best
      > AYRTON
      >

      > > I bought an upgrade to Snow Leopard today. When I get that
      > > installed then I'll proceed with trying out the various
      > > suggestions everybody have sent to the list.
      > >
      > > AYRTON wrote:
      > > > I just love
      > > >
      > > > "TACO HTM EDIT"
      > > >
      > > > just sensational
      > > >
      > > > AYRTON

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > --

    • Andrew Crawford
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 3, 2010
        Ken Warner wrote:
        > What are you guys favorites?

        I generally use JEdit, which is available for Mac, Windows and Linux.
        It's more of a programmer's editor, though it has some nice features for
        HTML, including syntax hilighting and tag auto-close.

        http://www.jedit.org/

        Aptana Studio is a fairly popular IDE (Integrated Development
        Environment) but, may be overkill if you are just editing HTML. There
        is an open source and a commercial version.

        http://www.aptana.org/

        RapidWeaver is one of the more popular graphical web design tools for
        MacOS X. It's commercial software but, they do offer a free trial:

        http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

        Best,