Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: sony bloggie mhs-pm5 -- request for reviews

  • fatchai
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2010
      can the software provided by sony able to convert the recorded video into
      360 video?
      the video that user can netvigate up down left and right bye themselves.
      i wonder what the quality will be after convert it into 360 video version?
      today is the first day this cam launch in here. like many of u in this
      group, the thing that interests in me about this camera is the 360 lens.
      cheers
      On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM, robert <image360@...> wrote:

      > > I am considering the Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5,
      >
      > What were you considering it for; serious work or an amusing distraction?
      >
      > It's a variant of a mirror on a stick with a single sensor so the quality
      > is NEVER going to be great compared to current multi-shot/sensor standards.
      > Taking a 1024 resolution camera and shooting a 360 view with it even if it
      > is only about 50 degrees vertical is still going to be not ready for prime
      > time in any quality commercial sense.
      >
      > The Sony Bloggie is a toy for 360 and it's priced as one. Think of it as a
      > Hoga for 360.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Robert

    • onezebra1
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 9, 2010
        Here's a short 13.8 MB video test of the Blogoie 360 camera shot in 1280 X 720 30P mode (factory default setting). The clear lens cover has been removed for this shot.

        This was early morning and it was very overcast which made for moderately low light.
        http://www.indiavrtours.com/video/morning.mp4

        Roger Berry