Re: PTViewerNG - High resolution example

  • hd_de_2000
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 1, 2010
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

      > looks like flash beats them all

      So you like this
      <http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTViewerNG/flash.jpg>
      better than this
      <http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/PTViewerNG/ptviewerng.jpg>
      No more questions.

      PTViewerNG employs true downsampling for image areas which are smaller
      than the original size. This avoids all sorts of moire patterns
      and other artefacts which are present in the flash version. I am surprised that these are tolerated and actually preferred.

      The downside is that PTViewerNG appears softer although it really shows all the details which are in the original image. If you really like the ugliness of an artificially sharpened image you can easily switch off mipmap downsampling in the viewer script, and you will get the same output as the flash player.
      But don't ask me to do that.

      Regards

      Helmut Dersch
    • hd_de_2000
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 1, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ahoeben41" <aldo@...> wrote:

        > I see you removed the "return false" statements from the handleMouse[Down|Up|Move] handlers. I put those there to prevent accidental selections of html elements outside the canvas element. Come to think of it, you only need it for the handleMouseMove handler, and only if currentlyDragging is set.
        >
        > Or does that break things in Firefox? (Ah, brings back memories of the "good old days" of cross-browser testing...)

        Just a leftover of my debugging session until I found out that it didn't work because of the offsetX-thing. I guess I will reinsert the "return false" statements.

        Regards

        Helmut Dersch