Re: [PanoToolsNG] What HTML editor for Mac?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 31, 2010
      It looks good to me too. I'm going to try it first.

      I bought an upgrade to Snow Leopard today. When I get that
      installed then I'll proceed with trying out the various
      suggestions everybody have sent to the list.

      AYRTON wrote:
      > I just love
      >
      > "TACO HTM EDIT"
      >
      > just sensational
      >
      > AYRTON
      >

      > On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Sometime around 30/1/10 (at 19:14 -0800) Ken Warner said:
      >>
      >>> don't want to spend $400 on an HTML editor.
      >>>
      >>> What are you guys favorites?
      >> BBEdit is my favourite, and it is awesomely good.
      >> http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/
      >>
      >> It is commercial ($125), but there is the free version, TextWrangler.
      >> "TextWrangler is the powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix
      >> and server administrator's tool."
      >> http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/
      >>
      >> Both are powerful, solid, well-designed text editors crafted by
      >> geeks, for geeks. And I mean that in the best possible way.

      >> ------------------------------------
      >>
      >> --

    • Andrew Crawford
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 3, 2010
        Ken Warner wrote:
        > What are you guys favorites?

        I generally use JEdit, which is available for Mac, Windows and Linux.
        It's more of a programmer's editor, though it has some nice features for
        HTML, including syntax hilighting and tag auto-close.

        http://www.jedit.org/

        Aptana Studio is a fairly popular IDE (Integrated Development
        Environment) but, may be overkill if you are just editing HTML. There
        is an open source and a commercial version.

        http://www.aptana.org/

        RapidWeaver is one of the more popular graphical web design tools for
        MacOS X. It's commercial software but, they do offer a free trial:

        http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

        Best,