Re: New iPad from Apple

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 156 , Jan 31, 2010

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Keith Martin <keith@> wrote:

      > > > If I play high-def QuickTime movies on my MacBook Pro the CPU putters
      > > > along just fine. If I leave an auto-panning Flash VR running for a
      > > > minute or two the CPU temperature goes up and the fans get all
      > > > excited.
      > >
      > > Ha
      > >
      > > Watching small 480 pixel Quicktime movie trailer in Safari. CPU usage 125%
      > > http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/theredbaron/
      > >
      > > Watching fullscreen FPP panorama with autorotation and audio. CPU Usage 102 %
      > > http://www.panoramas.dk/New-Year/times-square.html
      > >
      > > Flash 10.1 Beta 2 Old Mac PPC G5 from 2005
      > >

      > Forgot to say that fullscreen means 1920x1200
      >
      > Same links in Opera.
      > FPP panorama 90% CPU
      > The Quicktime Trailer very bad quality. Flickers all the time and CPU usage also changes from 60 to 110%
      >
      > First Safari was 3.2.1
      > Same in Safari 4.04 CPU 112%
      > FPP CPU 103%
      >
      > Now who said Flash is using more than Quicktime.

      Now to usage in Quicktime.

      Tested also all on my MacBook Pro Safari
      The FPP and Quicktime same usage around 120-130%

      Largest Quicktime 1080p as download Fullscreen movie Usage 125%
      Now I really want to know when mr Jobs last time used a Mac and looked at trailers.

      Not sure if you have read this.
      http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/01/googles-dont-be-evil-mantra-is-bullshit-adobe-is-lazy-apples-steve-jobs/

      Hans
    • Thomas Kr├╝ger
      Message 156 of 156 , Feb 1, 2010
        The movie from funnyordie.co.uk is great!! :handshake: