Re: What HTML editor for Mac?

  • mtherer
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 31, 2010
      For hand coding, nothing beats TextMate http://macromates.com/, for anything else more fancy the guys at panic.com and macrabbit.com have some cool apps

      hth

      -mickael
      --
      http://www.360days.com
      http://walkingwithaids.info
      http://ww2panorama.org

      > I usually use Coffecup HTML editor on PC. It's ok.
      >
      > They don't have one for Mac. I see Dreamweaver recommended
      > for $400 -- don't want to spend $400 on an HTML editor.
      >
      > What are you guys favorites?

    • Andrew Crawford
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 3, 2010
        Ken Warner wrote:
        > What are you guys favorites?

        I generally use JEdit, which is available for Mac, Windows and Linux.
        It's more of a programmer's editor, though it has some nice features for
        HTML, including syntax hilighting and tag auto-close.

        http://www.jedit.org/

        Aptana Studio is a fairly popular IDE (Integrated Development
        Environment) but, may be overkill if you are just editing HTML. There
        is an open source and a commercial version.

        http://www.aptana.org/

        RapidWeaver is one of the more popular graphical web design tools for
        MacOS X. It's commercial software but, they do offer a free trial:

        http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

        Best,