Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: PTViewerNG - High resolution example

  • A Kielcz
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 31, 2010
      looks like flash beats them all

      A Kielcz

      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

      --- On Sun, 1/31/10, erik_leeman <erik.leeman@...> wrote:

      From: erik_leeman <erik.leeman@...>
      Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Re: PTViewerNG - High resolution example
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 10:51 AM

      Anyone who would like to do a 1 on 1 comparison of PTViewerNG with the likes of DevalVR, QuickTime, or Flash10 can use this link:

      <http://tinyurl. com/JanVinckbrug -Large>

      Don't worry, I am positive Jan Vinckbrug doesn't mind ;)

      Do note however that due to incompatibilities between DevalVR and Flash your browser could crash when you switch from the Deval version back to the Flash version using the combo box on that page!

      Sadly there's nothing Fiero (or anyone else except Adobe) can do about this.

      Cheers!

      Erik Leeman

      (<http://www.erikleem an.com>)

      --- In PanoToolsNG@ yahoogroups. com, "hd_de_2000" wrote:

      > The image is courtesy Jan Vinckbrug, thanks to him and the many

      > others who provided examples.

      > <http://www.fh- furtwangen. de/~dersch/ PTViewerNG/ PTViewerNG. html>

      > I made a few changes to the viewer: there is a max panspeed,

      > users can now navigate using the numpadkeys, tilting is limited

      > to vertical up/down. Hope this makes the viewer suitable

      > for our elder members.

      > May I also ask to not distribute this viewer or use it in your

      > own webpages. There will be a properly versioned distribution with

      > open license in the near future.

      > Regards

      > Helmut Dersch

    • hd_de_2000
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 1, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ahoeben41" <aldo@...> wrote:

        > I see you removed the "return false" statements from the handleMouse[Down|Up|Move] handlers. I put those there to prevent accidental selections of html elements outside the canvas element. Come to think of it, you only need it for the handleMouseMove handler, and only if currentlyDragging is set.
        >
        > Or does that break things in Firefox? (Ah, brings back memories of the "good old days" of cross-browser testing...)

        Just a leftover of my debugging session until I found out that it didn't work because of the offsetX-thing. I guess I will reinsert the "return false" statements.

        Regards

        Helmut Dersch