Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: New iPad from Apple

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 156 , Jan 31, 2010
      Nono, I intended UBUNTU LINUX installation CD.
      :-DDDD

      Otherwise, if you are on a win laptop you can create your own system backup
      dvds, and it usually works, when you are on a homemade computer and you
      change some hardware, the whole thing becomes unpractical.

      2010/1/31 Hans <hans@...>

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Hans, agree with you, but I'd add that there are a lot of other
      > troubles
      > > a common person, as mac user, can't be able to resolve.
      > > Drivers hell and pain in the ass is resolved in OSX throwing everything
      > in
      > > the installation, making it even bigger and fatter. You would not notice
      > it
      > > in a new computer, although.
      > > I revitalize all the oldies, like the Acer you say, with Ubuntu Linux. in
      > > the installation CD you have all the basic drivers and all the basic
      > > software you can imagine to use. When you are lucky it takes 45 min to
      > > install, configure and begin to work.
      >
      > Correct.
      > IF you have the installations CD. But you should be amazed how many
      > Computers are sold without an installation CD.
      > They say there is a backup just reinstall from that.
      > Well does not really work when the hard disc brakes.
      >
      > Hans
      >
      > > Paradise!
      > > If you have some strange HW you could be stuck, if you can't google
      > around
      > > for solutions, but usually a 1-2 years old machine is fully supported.
      > ;-)
      > >
      > > 2010/1/31 Hans <hans@...>
      > >

      > > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Trausti Hraunfjord

      > > > parts
      > puter
      > > > in
      > well,
      > > > other
      > > >
      > > > Yes exactly.
      > > > My x-wife's new HP PC/Vista one day had no sound,
      > > > I used half a day trying to figure it out and finally I found it.
      > > > Vista had just been automatically updated from Microsoft.
      > > >
      > > > Result you also needed to update the driver for the sound card.
      > > > Which of course Microsoft did not tell you.
      > > >
      > > > This is just one of many problems I have had to solve for her.
      > > > There is no way for normal computer users to handle a Windows computer
      > > > without getting into trouble like this.
      > > >
      > > > I can with the help of Google find a solution for most problems but you
      > > > need a lot of basic knowledge and experience for that.
      > > >
      > > > I also managed to get her 2 year old Acer Aspire to work again after
      > the IT
      > > > expert on her school had given up. Thats when they bought the HP/Vista
      > > > machine.
      > > > The harddisc was simply broke. I installed an old one from my Mac and
      > guess
      > > > what after reformatting and spending a day on the net searching for the
      > > > drivers I got it working.
      > > > It's now my Windows test machine.
      > > >
      > > > A Mac OS is a complete solution. All standard drivers are included,
      > even
      > > > many printer and scanner drivers are installed but usually you may need
      > > > install a new one.
      > > >
      > > > Hans

> [...]

    • Thomas Kr├╝ger
      Message 156 of 156 , Feb 1, 2010
        The movie from funnyordie.co.uk is great!! :handshake: