Yet another Pano2VR experiment

  • erik_leeman
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
      Hi all,

      I'm still working to expand my little Pano2VR/ActionScript box of tricks; this time it is swapping cube faces 'on the fly'.
      I would (again) very much appreciate if some of you were kind enough to check out this monument in Barcelona doing a disappearing act....if all works well, that is : )

      Here's a link:
      <http://tinyurl.com/Pano2VR-SwitchFace>

      Just press the red buttons.

      Thanks in advance!

      Erik Leeman

      (<http://www.erikleeman.com>)

      ps: I managed to significantly improve my earlier experimental versions, the ones loading two and three panos at once. For instance, all panos in a set are now linked, so that when you look in a certain direction in one pano, the next will start in the same direction.
      Oh, and the buttons work properly now ; )
    • Ormar
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
        Win XP, Firefox, Chrome - working OK

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik_leeman" <erik.leeman@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm still working to expand my little Pano2VR/ActionScript box of tricks; this time it is swapping cube faces 'on the fly'.
        > I would (again) very much appreciate if some of you were kind enough to check out this monument in Barcelona doing a disappearing act....if all works well, that is : )
        >
        > Here's a link:
        > <http://tinyurl.com/Pano2VR-SwitchFace>
        >
        > Just press the red buttons.
        >
        > Thanks in advance!
        >
        > Erik Leeman
        >
        > (<http://www.erikleeman.com>)
        >
        > ps: I managed to significantly improve my earlier experimental versions, the ones loading two and three panos at once. For instance, all panos in a set are now linked, so that when you look in a certain direction in one pano, the next will start in the same direction.
        > Oh, and the buttons work properly now ; )

      • Stephani Hill
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
          Hi Erik-

          I gave it a try. I saw the loading page and clicked the start button
          when the loading was done, but I did not get to see the monument.
          Clicking the on/off button or going to the large version did not
          yield any results on my end.

          I am using Mac OS X 10.4
          Firefox 3.5.7

          Stephani
          On Jan 30, 2010, at 5:53 PM, erik_leeman wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I'm still working to expand my little Pano2VR/ActionScript box of
          > tricks; this time it is swapping cube faces 'on the fly'.
          > I would (again) very much appreciate if some of you were kind
          > enough to check out this monument in Barcelona doing a disappearing
          > act....if all works well, that is : )
          >
          > Here's a link:
          > <http://tinyurl.com/Pano2VR-SwitchFace>
          >
          > Just press the red buttons.
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          >
          > Erik Leeman
          >
          > (<http://www.erikleeman.com>)
          >
          > ps: I managed to significantly improve my earlier experimental
          > versions, the ones loading two and three panos at once. For
          > instance, all panos in a set are now linked, so that when you look
          > in a certain direction in one pano, the next will start in the same
          > direction.
          > Oh, and the buttons work properly now ; )

        • Uri Cogan
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
            On 1/30/10 3:53 PM, erik_leeman wrote:

            > I'm still working to expand my little Pano2VR/ActionScript box of
            > tricks; this time it is swapping cube faces 'on the fly'.
            > I would (again) very much appreciate if some of you were kind enough
            > to check out this monument in Barcelona doing a disappearing act....if
            > all works well, that is : )
            >
            > Here's a link:
            > <http://tinyurl.com/Pano2VR-SwitchFace
            > <http://tinyurl.com/Pano2VR-SwitchFace>>
            >
            > Just press the red buttons.

            Works fine for me; Arch appears and disappears, compass does not work.
            Clicking "open large version" gives me a blank, grey screen with one
            line of text.

            Mac OS 10.5.8
            Firefox 3.6

            --

            Uri Cogan
            http://www.uricogan.com

            *** My Karma Ran Over My Dogma ***

          • Roger D. Williams
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
              Fascinating. Worked perfectly with Opera 10, Vista Ultimate on Intel dual
              processor (32 bit).

              Roger W/

              On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:53:55 +0900, erik_leeman <erik.leeman@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > I'm still working to expand my little Pano2VR/ActionScript box of
              > tricks; this time it is swapping cube faces 'on the fly'.
              > I would (again) very much appreciate if some of you were kind enough to
              > check out this monument in Barcelona doing a disappearing act....if all
              > works well, that is : )
              >
              > Here's a link:
              > <http://tinyurl.com/Pano2VR-SwitchFace>
              >
              > Just press the red buttons.
              >
              > Thanks in advance!
              >
              > Erik Leeman
              >
              > (<http://www.erikleeman.com>)
              >
              > ps: I managed to significantly improve my earlier experimental versions,
              > the ones loading two and three panos at once. For instance, all panos in
              > a set are now linked, so that when you look in a certain direction in
              > one pano, the next will start in the same direction.
              > Oh, and the buttons work properly now ; )

              Business: www.adex-japan.com
              Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
            • A Kielcz
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
                no large version here. gray screen
                win vista home
                firefox 3.5.7

                A Kielcz

                Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
                  Vista 64 - IE8

                  I get the same results as Uri

                  In the small version the monument disappeared and reappeared on demand. Very
                  cool. this could help solve the problem with the nudists that have been seen
                  in panos! Clothes on. clothes off.

                • Randy Kosek
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
                    Erik,

                    It works beautifully with;

                    Internet Explorer 8
                    Firefox 3.0.17
                    Google Chrome

                    Windows XP Professional
                    PC Dual Processor

                    I can't wait to begin using it.

                    Randy Kosek

                    On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:53:55 +0900, erik_leeman <erik.leeman@ xs4all.nl>
                    wrote:

                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > I'm still working to expand my little Pano2VR/ActionScrip t box of
                    > tricks; this time it is swapping cube faces 'on the fly'.
                    > I would (again) very much appreciate if some of you were kind enough to
                    > check out this monument in Barcelona doing a disappearing act....if all
                    > works well, that is : )
                    >
                    > Here's a link:
                    > <http://tinyurl. com/Pano2VR- SwitchFace>
                    >
                    > Just press the red buttons.
                    >
                    > Thanks in advance!
                    >
                    > Erik Leeman
                    >
                    > (<http://www.erikleem an.com>)
                    >
                    > ps: I managed to significantly improve my earlier experimental versions,
                    > the ones loading two and three panos at once. For instance, all panos in
                    > a set are now linked, so that when you look in a certain direction in
                    > one pano, the next will start in the same direction.
                    > Oh, and the buttons work properly now ; )

                    Business: www.adex-japan. com
                    Pleasure: www.usefilm. com/member/ roger

                  • LoveFilm
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 30, 2010
                      Worked very nicely - except the full screen option also just showed me a blank gray screen.

                      Mac G5, 1.8 GHz, 4GB RAM
                      OS X 10.5.8
                      FireFox 3.5.7

                      Your previous "experiment" also worked well on my system.

                      This is a nice surprise for me since many of the Flash panos I come across seriously stress out my system. I rarely have that issue on my PC with comparable specs.

                      Good job.
                    • erik_leeman
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
                        Thanks all for checking it out! I'm sooooooo glad it worked!
                        (well, for most of you anyway).

                        Imagine swapping cubefaces like this at a rate of 24 to 30 faces per second; you could animate *individual* cube faces then!
                        Think of the possibilities!

                        The reason why the large version didn't show was....there wasn't any yet. I first wanted to be sure nothing would f*ck up with the small one : ) But I forgot to remove the button for it, sorry 'bout that.

                        Here is a link to a LARGE version, by clicking on a small button in the upper left hand corner it can be made full screen:

                        <http://tinyurl.com/Pano2VR-SwitchFace-L>

                        Fingers crossed!

                        Cheers!

                        Erik Leeman

                        (<http://www.erikleeman.com>)

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "LoveFilm" wrote:

                        > Worked very nicely - except the full screen option also just showed
                        > me a blank gray screen.
                        >
                        > Mac G5, 1.8 GHz, 4GB RAM
                        > OS X 10.5.8
                        > FireFox 3.5.7
                        >
                        > Your previous "experiment" also worked well on my system.
                        >
                        > This is a nice surprise for me since many of the Flash panos I come
                        > across seriously stress out my system. I rarely have that issue on
                        > my PC with comparable specs.
                        >
                        > Good job.
                      • luca vascon
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
                          Hi!!!!
                          I want to know how!!!!
                          :-D
                          Even for compass!!

                          2010/1/31 erik_leeman <erik.leeman@...>

                          > Thanks all for checking it out! I'm sooooooo glad it worked!
                          > (well, for most of you anyway).
                          >
                          > Imagine swapping cubefaces like this at a rate of 24 to 30 faces per
                          > second; you could animate *individual* cube faces then!
                          > Think of the possibilities!
                          >
                          > The reason why the large version didn't show was....there wasn't any yet. I
                          > first wanted to be sure nothing would f*ck up with the small one : ) But I
                          > forgot to remove the button for it, sorry 'bout that.
                          >
                          > Here is a link to a LARGE version, by clicking on a small button in the
                          > upper left hand corner it can be made full screen:
                          >
                          > <http://tinyurl.com/Pano2VR-SwitchFace-L>
                          >
                          > Fingers crossed!
                          >
                          > Cheers!
                          >
                          > Erik Leeman
                          >
                          > (<http://www.erikleeman.com>)
                          >
                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "LoveFilm" wrote:
                          >
                          > > Worked very nicely - except the full screen option also just showed
                          > > me a blank gray screen.
                          > >
                          > > Mac G5, 1.8 GHz, 4GB RAM
                          > > OS X 10.5.8
                          > > FireFox 3.5.7
                          > >
                          > > Your previous "experiment" also worked well on my system.
                          > >
                          > > This is a nice surprise for me since many of the Flash panos I come
                          > > across seriously stress out my system. I rarely have that issue on
                          > > my PC with comparable specs.
                          > >
                          > > Good job.

                          Luca Vascon.

                          www.canalview.it
                          www.officinepanottiche.com

                        • Crane
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010

                            On 31 Jan 2010, at 09:29, "erik_leeman" <erik.leeman@...> wrote:

                            > Thanks all for checking it out! I'm sooooooo glad it worked!
                            > (well, for most of you anyway).
                            >
                            > Imagine swapping cubefaces like this at a rate of 24 to 30 faces per
                            > second; you could animate *individual* cube faces then!
                            > Think of the possibilities!

                            Yes you could make movies. ;-)
                            I've done that but using a hotspot covering the face with animation
                            in. I tried splitting the animation over 3 cubefaces but it wouldn't
                            stay in sync perhaps changing the face is the thing to try.
                            Regards
                            Mick
                          • Keith Martin
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
                              Sometime around 30/1/10 (at 21:08 -0500) Woody Howard said:

                              >Clothes on. clothes off.

                              There's a 'clothes off' filter now? Cool...

                            • erik_leeman
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
                                It's all a matter of 'pushing the right buttons' Keith : D

                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Keith Martin wrote:

                                > Sometime around 30/1/10 (at 21:08 -0500) Woody Howard said:
                                >
                                > >Clothes on. clothes off.
                                >
                                > There's a 'clothes off' filter now? Cool...

                              • Pat Swovelin
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
                                  On 1/31/2010 9:08 AM, Keith Martin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                                  and typed ...:
                                  > Sometime around 30/1/10 (at 21:08 -0500) Woody Howard said:
                                  >
                                  >> Clothes on. clothes off.
                                  >
                                  > There's a 'clothes off' filter now? Cool...

                                  That technology has been around since before most of the people on this
                                  list were born. http://tinyurl.com/yzbhmok

                                  Pat Swovelin
                                  Cool Guy @ Large
                                • Keith Martin
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
                                    Sometime around 31/1/10 (at 09:52 -0800) Pat Swovelin said:

                                    >That technology has been around since before most of the people on this
                                    >list were born.

                                    http://tinyurl.com/644vxk

                                    (The other tinyurl didn't work right.)

                                  • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 31, 2010
                                      Pat, sometimes I wonder where you wander around in your empty hours, to know
                                      where you find these things... ;-)

                                      --
                                      Rodolpho Pajuaba
                                      www.pajuaba.com.br/heterose