erasing tripod shadow

  • rvHD
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2010
      Hello all,

      Don't know if it has already been shown.
      A very limited trick to erase the tripod shadow : if you shoot for HDR
      with bracketting, you can insert the brighter image with a mask over
      the shadow on the resulting blended image.
      Better to see it :
      http://www.photoslareunion.com/OmbreTrepied/TripodShadow.html

      Romuald
    • Wim Koornneef
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2010
        Hello Romuald,

        That is a nice trick, thanks for sharing.
        I wonder if it will perform so well in other situations with darker shades,
        different exposures for bracketed sets, etc.

        Wim

      • rvHD
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2010
          Wim,

          Sure you always need to tweek. If the bright image is too bright, you
          reduce opacity ; and play with level if too dark. You'll have to
          change the color too. In the example, I reduced the blue channel by 3
          points.
          BTW, Jook Leung described some years ago a technical for a single
          image (no bracketed) using the psd fonction "change/corresponding
          color" (sorry, don't know the exact english term).

          Romuald

          Le 30 janv. 10 à 18:07, Wim Koornneef a écrit :

          > Hello Romuald,
          >
          > That is a nice trick, thanks for sharing.
          > I wonder if it will perform so well in other situations with darker
          > shades,
          > different exposures for bracketed sets, etc.
          >
          > Wim

        • Rodolpho Pajuaba
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 30, 2010
            Thanks for reminding, I remembered the technique but not the author. It was
            the " Match Color" function, available under Image>Adjustment>Match Color .

            --
            Rodolpho Pajuaba
            www.pajuaba.com.br/heterose

          • guillaume_fulchiron
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
              rvHD <vromuald@...> wrote:

              > Hello all,
              >
              > Don't know if it has already been shown.
              > A very limited trick to erase the tripod shadow : if you shoot for HDR
              > with bracketting, you can insert the brighter image with a mask over
              > the shadow on the resulting blended image.
              > Better to see it :
              > http://www.photoslareunion.com/OmbreTrepied/TripodShadow.html
              >
              > Romuald

              Hi Romuald,
              thanks for sharing your smart trick :-)

              I suggest you add a link in the PanoTools wiki, somewhere at the Zenith and Nadir section :
              http://wiki.panotools.org/Zenith_and_Nadir_editing_overview

              Cheers,

              G.
            • Carl von Einem
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
                Good idea... done. BTW you could also open an account an add that
                yourself, if you want to.

                Cheers,
                Carl

                Posted by: "guillaume_fulchiron"