8mm fisheye

  • Robert C. Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2010
      There has been a lot of discussion in the past several months about
      the Samyang/Bower 8mm fisheye. I have followed only some of the
      discussion.

      Well I am looking to get another fisheye to replace my Sigma 8mm/f4.0.
      Is the Samyang superior to the later model Sigma 8 (f3.5) in sharpness
      and flare? The Samyang is less than half the cost of the Sigma but
      money isn't the only concern. I am looking for good sharpness and
      flare handling.

      Thanks

      Cheers
      Robert C. Fisher
      VR Photography / Cinematography
      bob@...
      http://www.rcfisher.com
      Facebook - Robert C. Fisher
    • Paulo Fernandes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2010
        Hi Robert,

        Samyang is a exelent lens when we have the price in consideration, the
        Sigma is still a better lens (expecialy regarding the flare), has
        autofocus, exif data, apperture control from the camera body, etc

        BUT, it costs 3 or 4 times as much as the Samyang

        Yes, I have a Samyang ;)

        Com os melhores cumprimentos,

        Paulo Fernandes
        Multimedia

        Enviado desde o meu telemóvel.
        Sent from my mobile phone.
        ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
        Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia
        e Multimédia
        Calçada do Lidador, 22, 1ºAndar
        4480-690 Vila do Conde Portugal
        Tel. +351 252 119 375
        Fax. +351 252 119 375
        ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

        No dia 2010/01/29, às 20:22, "Robert C. Fisher" <bob@...>
        escreveu:

        > There has been a lot of discussion in the past several months about
        > the Samyang/Bower 8mm fisheye. I have followed only some of the
        > discussion.
        >
        > Well I am looking to get another fisheye to replace my Sigma 8mm/f4.0.
        > Is the Samyang superior to the later model Sigma 8 (f3.5) in sharpness
        > and flare? The Samyang is less than half the cost of the Sigma but
        > money isn't the only concern. I am looking for good sharpness and
        > flare handling.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Cheers
        > Robert C. Fisher
        > VR Photography / Cinematography
        > bob@...
        > http://www.rcfisher.com
        > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2010
          The Samyang has a different projection.
          More compatible to a 10mm on an APS-C then a 8mm Sigma fisheye.
          It needs more shots with an APS-C sensor, 6 I think.
          Also don?t you have any lens information send to the camera.

          The 8mm/F3.5 Sigma is better then the old F4 but has 3? lesser FOV !
          That IS remarable at a Canon, not that much at a Nikon.
          But set it up 5? up there is no further issue of that.

          I don?t know but would go for the Sigma.

          Ciao
          mike

          ----------------------------
          ----------------------------