Re: [PanoToolsNG] RAW Shooting, Filter your supplimental light Not the camera.

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2006
      On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 23:42:28 +0900, Michael Greenberg
      <hypermedia.mike@...> wrote:

      > If you are using a flash to fill or other light to augment the scene and
      > If you are want all the lights to match, Filter your flash to match
      > the scene. Filtering the camera is unecessary in RAW. Of course if
      > you are shooting outdoors in sunlight, the flash is already close in
      > color temperature. RAW or not, it is very time consuming (almost
      > impossible) to try to match different color temperature light sources
      > after shooting. Mike Greenberg.

      Another approach (unlikely to commend itself to many list members, but
      offered in the spirit of possible helpfulness) is to use an advanced
      four-layer emulsion like the Fuji Film New Pro or Venus Superia (neg)
      films. I have not read an explanation of how it is achieved, but I
      have found the advertising claims to handle mixed light temperatures
      well to be amazingly true. It's another thing I miss in my reluctant
      move into digital photography... <wry grin>

      Roger

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
      Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger