(no subject)

  • Mathew Hargreaves
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2010
      Hi Don,

      I am out of work so anything that might bring in money is a good
      thing. I have the prints made but am almost out of money. So I cannot do
      the parts buy yet.
      Its all a business, in a bad economy that might fall into a
      depression, making all the harder to market anything. The web is not it
      to me. Too many chances for digital theft too.
      With a gallery your work is on display and then sales are a
      possibility. The fees might seem high but they are born by all of the
      sellers.
      For framing and matting I prefer a minimalist approach so the image
      is what the viewer focuses on. But it must be done well so it enhances
      the image.
      I have also done three or four panoramic IR stitches that were
      converted to black and white. The printing on them was excellent on the
      new machines they have and they take up to 700 dpi.
      I hope you are used to large image files. An eight bit 12 x 36 is
      about 116 megabytes at 300 dpi. That the biggest Costco can do
      Good luck with the talks, take notes, and have a fun time.
      Now back to selling.

      CHEERS...Mathew