Re: all 360cities panos viewable on iphone

  • vinceoglo
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
      >vincent, please read my post:

      yes jeffrey i have read it, i just think it is better to launch a feature completely ok and not with little bugs

      regards

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <360cities@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > > working perfectly, go try it now. ;)
      >

      > I am saying it's not finished, but as the discussion was on this topic I thought I should announce it.
      >
      > The bugs you described we're aware of, they'll be fixed soon.
      >

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "vinceoglo" <globule22@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Jeffrey,
      > >
      > > Nice try but there are issues that are annoying for enjoying the pictures.
      > > - the 3D transform in CSS is not quite well, the cube is a little disform.
      > > - there are dragging issues, i think the width of your page is not like iphone screen width, so when we drag, we drag the page and not the panorama.
      > >
      > > I install the same viewer here: m.360ouest.com and i was not able to have a correct viewer for landscape and portrait mode, and i have some times crashing issue from Javascript i think
      > >
      > > Why didn't you wait a little bit before release this? A stable release is better than a crashing beta?
      > >
      > > Regards
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net" <360cities@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ok, I guess now is as good a time as any, since people are talking about it.
      > > >
      > > > All panoramas on 360 Cities are now available to be viewed on the iphone.
      > > > Via the regular browser. No app needed :-)
      > > >
      > > > Just go to any panorama page on your iphone/ipod (e.g.
      > > > www.360cities.net/image/a-busy-morning - any link that is image/..........
      > > > will work) and see a pano. an easy way to see more is to go to our recent
      > > > activity page and click any of those thumbnails -
      > > > www.360cities.net/recent-activity
      > > >
      > > > It's not quite ready yet which is why I didn't announce it. It's got some
      > > > bugs to work out but it's nearly there. If you can't wait till it's really
      > > > working perfectly, go try it now. ;)
      > > >
      > > > enjoy,
      > > > Jeffrey
      > > >

      > > > Jeffrey Martin
      > > > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
      > > >
      > > > www.360cities.net - The world's best panoramic photography
      > > > See us on the BBC
      > > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8176497.stm
      > > > See us on WIRED www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/panoramic-photo-prague/
      > > >

      > > > Re: New iPad from Apple
      > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/37526;_ylc=X3oDMTJzamZnMmpsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4MjI3ODQ4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNjQ5NgRtc2dJZAMzNzUyNgRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjY0NjI0MDQ4>
      > > > Posted
      > > > by: "Keith Martin" keith@
      > > > <keith@?Subject=+Re%3A%20New%20iPad%20from%20Apple> the1keith
      > > > <http://profiles.yahoo.com/the1keith> Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:21 pm (PST)

      > > > Absolutely. Perhaps we should look to HTML5 and SVG for playback in
      > > > web pages. For in-app playback what's been done with OpenGL already
      > > > (ref. PangeaVR and CubeWorld) is impressive and promising.
      > > >
      > > > Imagine an iPad-savvy version of PangeaVR or CubeWorld... what a
      > > > stunning panorama portfolio THAT would be! (And hey, there's
      > > > an(other) possible excuse for buying one.)

    • Stefan Peter
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
        vinceoglo wrote:

        >>vincent, please read my post:
        >
        > yes jeffrey i have read it, i just think it is better to launch a
        > feature completely ok and not with little bugs

        "It's a feature, not a bug" { (c) Bill Gates }

        ;)

        regards

        Stefan Peter
      • Bostjan Burger
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
          >Why didn't you wait a little bit before release this? A stable release is better than a crashing beta?
          Then we would be still with Windows 1.0 from 1983 ;)   (sorry OT only joking.... I couldn't resist)
          :) Bostjan

          From: vinceoglo <globule22@...>
          Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Re: all 360cities panos viewable on iphone
          To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 12:20 PM

          Jeffrey,

          Nice try but there are issues that are annoying for enjoying the pictures.

          - the 3D transform in CSS is not quite well, the cube is a little disform.

          - there are dragging issues, i think the width of your page is not like iphone screen width, so when we drag, we drag the page and not the panorama.

          I install the same viewer here: m.360ouest.com and i was not able to have a correct viewer for landscape and portrait mode, and i have some times crashing issue from Javascript i think

          Why didn't you wait a little bit before release this? A stable release is better than a crashing beta?

        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 28, 2010
            A few trouble shooting users can only catch so many things. A broader array
            of potential users who give feedback is a much better/efficient way to find
            and fix errors.

            Making a fail-free application is so much easier said than done, especially
            so when it's developed with limited funds/personnel/time. Those who can
            help, should do so, in order to help making things better.

            I would absolutely give my opinion/experience with this feature if I had an
            iPhone, but I have no interest in any kind of phones... so I can't help
            directly... apart from giving my iPinion.

            Trausti

          • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 29, 2010
              there is no such thing as "launch a feature completetly ok without bugs"

              sorry :)

              Re: all 360cities panos viewable on iphone
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/37582;_ylc=X3oDMTJzcDkzMW9sBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4MjI3ODQ4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNjQ5NgRtc2dJZAMzNzU4MgRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjY0NzEwMDQ5>
              Posted
              by: "vinceoglo" globule22@...
              <globule22@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20all%20360cities%20panos%20viewable%20on%20iphone>
              vinceoglo
              <http://profiles.yahoo.com/vinceoglo> Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:06 am (PST)

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2010
                I was just thinking of 360cities.net and the pages scrolling up and down
                when using the mouse wheel... :)

                You don't have to be sorry, just have it fixed :)