RAW Shooting, Filter your supplimental light Not the camera.

  • Michael Greenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2006
      If you are using a flash to fill or other light to augment the scene and
      If you are want all the lights to match, Filter your flash to match
      the scene. Filtering the camera is unecessary in RAW. Of course if
      you are shooting outdoors in sunlight, the flash is already close in
      color temperature. RAW or not, it is very time consuming (almost
      impossible) to try to match different color temperature light sources
      after shooting. Mike Greenberg.
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2006
        On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 23:42:28 +0900, Michael Greenberg
        <hypermedia.mike@...> wrote:

        > If you are using a flash to fill or other light to augment the scene and
        > If you are want all the lights to match, Filter your flash to match
        > the scene. Filtering the camera is unecessary in RAW. Of course if
        > you are shooting outdoors in sunlight, the flash is already close in
        > color temperature. RAW or not, it is very time consuming (almost
        > impossible) to try to match different color temperature light sources
        > after shooting. Mike Greenberg.

        Another approach (unlikely to commend itself to many list members, but
        offered in the spirit of possible helpfulness) is to use an advanced
        four-layer emulsion like the Fuji Film New Pro or Venus Superia (neg)
        films. I have not read an explanation of how it is achieved, but I
        have found the advertising claims to handle mixed light temperatures
        well to be amazingly true. It's another thing I miss in my reluctant
        move into digital photography... <wry grin>

        Roger

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com
        Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger