Re: why to calibrate focus ring on any lens?

  • dburton97128
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 22, 2010
      I laid the paper flat on the table and set the camera also on the table. I put about a 3/4" spacer under the back edge of the camera to tilt it down a bit for better visibility of the printed scale. Use a low ISO, lens wide open for shortest DOF, focused at closest position. Use a 2 sec delayed shutter release so you can get your hands off before shutter release.

      I measured 8 inches from the front of the lens to the focused point, 12 inches from the film plane.

      I can send you the photo if you want.

      DB