Gigapixel

  • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
      Hi everyone.

      One question: What resolution does a pano need to be considered a Gigapano?
      Just curiosity, since I've never shot one.

      --
      L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
      felipe@...

    • fierodeval
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
        Maybe only one Gigapixel is required ;-) ... this is 46000x23000 in an equirect

        regards!

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone.
        >
        > One question: What resolution does a pano need to be considered a Gigapano?
        > Just curiosity, since I've never shot one.
        >
        > --
        > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
        > felipe@...
        > 1998-5246
        > www.fpk.com.mx
        > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
        >
        > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
        > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
          Well felipe,
          by the name GIGApano ...
          at least :

          1GB :-)

          2010/1/7 L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>

          > Hi everyone.
          >
          > One question: What resolution does a pano need to be considered a Gigapano?
          > Just curiosity, since I've never shot one.
          >
          > --
          > L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
          > felipe@...
          > 1998-5246
          > www.fpk.com.mx
          > http://recorridosvirtualesmexico.blogspot.com/
          >
          > Socio Director Maquetas Virtuales www.maquetasvirtuales.com
          > Socio Director Recorridos Virtuales www.recorridosvirtuales.com

          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
            >What resolution does a pano need to be considered a Gigapano?

            It doesn't mean the image is 1GB in file size, it means that the
            image is at least one gigapixel in total. Multiply the pixel width by
            the pixel height. If the result is at least a billion then it is a
            gigapixel image.